Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Ps3 Loses Time help?

Sponsored Links
    I have found that when I use a jailbreak my ps3's time resets to default, however if I boot it back without the jailbreak time holds just fine. Anyone know why this is happening.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What payload are you using? What device? Which PS3 model?, etc.

I haven't encountered this problem using a Motorola Droid with psfMod on any of my systems. I hope someone can sort this out for you, very strange.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am using a minimus v1, and have tried every payload released and all of them seem to do this.

i have a ps3 that isn't jailbroken and it slowly loses time. it constantly falls behind in time with my clock and i have to sync it to psn server time every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    I am using a minimus v1, and have tried every payload released and all of them seem to do this.
    Will admit - that is a strange one, but yeah, what PS3 model?

Quote Originally Posted by TechGeek990 View Post
    i have a ps3 that isn't jailbroken and it slowly loses time. it constantly falls behind in time with my clock and i have to sync it to psn server time every so often.
    Change the battery inside the PS3, that is probably the cause (same reason why a clock, or a PC etc will lose time - dying battery!)

I think the dead battery is a correct assumption, when your turning it on and off normally you are most likely using the power button on the front of the ps3, however when you jailbreak you have to cut the power completely. With a dead battery there is nothing allowing it to hold the time when you do that. Replace the battery and all should be well.

sounds like its definitely the battery, a new one is only a few quid and its an easy enough job to connect a new one.

careful though sony have soldered the positive & negative leads to the original battery, only disconnect it if you have some insulating tape to hold the connections on with or obviously a soldering iron.

should really be easier to get at the battery though its really buried in there.

I have a CECHG01 ps3, it has a new battery in it and it is not soldered (never was). I replaced it after it recently ylod for the 2nd time (I thought it was the battery too). From what I can tell it only loses time if you jailbreak it, if you power it off and back on without jailbreaking it keeps time perfectly. The battery holder was the same as on any motherboard it appeared.
    Last edited by whinis; 11-25-2010 at 12:37 AM

well if you're sure it's not the battery and never happens without the jailbreak (not even once) and happens with different payloads (not even one works) its obviously the minimus, return it for a new one.

There was one payload that did not do it however I poorly named my payloads so it might take a long while to figure out which one. What section of the payload could cause a loss in time ?

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News