Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Banned User
    Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Lens Problem?

Sponsored Links
    today i was playing resistance 2 at oryk, california part. when you should fall into the water i left my controler idle because i have something to do (30 secons) then i grab the controller and the game was freezed. i just hold the power button for 3 sec and the PS3 should power off but i waited 15 secs but nothing happened so i just hold it for more secs then it shut down i power it on played Age of Boty demo then shutted it down.

Now 5 hours later i wanted to play resistance 2 but the game doesnt appear in the XMB ihave tryed with other games but the same thing happens the "icon" in the upper corner stills loading with any disc i put and i have waited too long to see the game appear. What should I do?

btw im from Chile, South America and i have a US 80gb console the one that came with motorstorm.
    Best Answer - Posted by idone:

I would buy a new laser if you dont have a warranty.

It would appear that is your problem.

when you insert a disc then eject it is it still facing the same way as when you put it in? (the label that is)

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would buy a new laser if you dont have a warranty.

It would appear that is your problem.

when you insert a disc then eject it is it still facing the same way as when you put it in? (the label that is)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I had this problem, I contacted sony and they sent me a new PS3, I'd suggest you do the same.

Is it true that the 80Go Ps3 have more trouble than the 60Go?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by idone View Post
    yes the label is in the same way so the disc doenst spin... it may be the spinning mechanism and the laser could be in good shape??

I had this problem a few month ago. It took nearly 2 months to get a replacement unit.

Banned User
    thanks for the answers, im going to sell my old ps2 to pay the service. i wont be able to use my "homebrew" then.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News