Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Launch SDK question?

Sponsored Links
    does anyone know what the very first sdk was called that was used to make the ps3 launch titles?
    Best Answer - Posted by bl4cXh4td3m0n:

Actually the earliest Sony SDK to surface was 1.60, then 1.92 & 3.41 respectively. In regards to your question, most likely it was the IBM Cell SDK 1.1 that was first used to produce content for the PS3, early development was a joint project by Sony, IBM, and Toshiba I believe.

These SDK's along with TONS of other documentation and published resources are all disappearing from the net at an alarming rate. I am going through my massive libraries today and just happen to see your post on a break. If you need something you are all more than welcome to ask, if ANYONE needs something and I have it they can get it with a swiftness.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    um the sdk is called the sdk, what are you on about?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    um I mean what was the first sdk's version number. I would have thought 1.0 but things like that don't always start at 1.0.

the SDK's seem to follow the PS3 firmware revisions so during the development of the launch titles there were probably a few different version up to v1.0 (that's if the PS3 actually shipped with 1.0 firmware at launch, I can't remember). But none of those SDK's were leaked, I think the first one that made it public was 1.92 but I might be wrong on that.

Actually the earliest Sony SDK to surface was 1.60, then 1.92 & 3.41 respectively. In regards to your question, most likely it was the IBM Cell SDK 1.1 that was first used to produce content for the PS3, early development was a joint project by Sony, IBM, and Toshiba I believe.

These SDK's along with TONS of other documentation and published resources are all disappearing from the net at an alarming rate. I am going through my massive libraries today and just happen to see your post on a break. If you need something you are all more than welcome to ask, if ANYONE needs something and I have it they can get it with a swiftness.

Hope this helps you somewhat.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News