Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Laser, DVD Drive Question help?

Sponsored Links
    If a ps3 drive PCB is not married will it still play blu-rays and just not games??
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

It is the blu-ray part of it. There are two parts of the laser, one is for cds and dvds and the other is for blu-ray games and movies. So if all is good with the rest of the drive replace the laser. You can get them off ebay for like 35 dollars. When you get it out take a look at the laser and you will seen two lens. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If i remember right i dont think that you can play blu-rays or games. I think that you can play dvds and cds. thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Have you tried?

Yes, But how do I know its not the laser.

If you just bought the unit and it's been opened the drive and board may have been replaced. What firmware is it on?

4.30 OFW. I did replace the drive but, I used the pcb board from the drive that came with the ps3.

And when trying to play Ps3 games or blu-rays movies the drive does not spin up to full speed and it also makes a clicking sound.

Works fine on Audio CD and DVDs.
    Last edited by jrccomputer; 11-15-2012 at 03:21 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I had one like that and I just put a new drive in it. I'm not positive but that sounds like the BD laser is bad the clicking is the laser going up and down looking for disc info. Maybe someone else will confirm it for you.

It is the blu-ray part of it. There are two parts of the laser, one is for cds and dvds and the other is for blu-ray games and movies. So if all is good with the rest of the drive replace the laser. You can get them off ebay for like 35 dollars. When you get it out take a look at the laser and you will seen two lens. Thanks

Thank you. And yeah. I bought a laser before bud the guy sold me a dud. Never got my money back. I now just bought a new laser from Amazon and the order is through them so returns will be simpler. I will post right here and let everyone know if it is fixed. I sure hope it is fixed. I just bought: MW3, Black Ops 2, Madden 13, GT5, and NCAA football 13.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News