Hi Guys, My cousins Fat 80gb PS3 has started lagging offline :s i was playing shift2 last night on internal and it was seriously lagging (split second freeze then jumping ahead), internet connection is disabled too, i think it was also happening with gt5 on his system but its happened a few times on my console at home.
You can try to reflash the CFW from the recovery menu. Put 3.55 Kmeaw on a flash drive under X:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP and enter the Recovery Menu:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
Maybe another solution try a doing another back up of the game sounds to me all you have is a bad rip as you say it's just 1 or 2 games and if you do have a legal disk you can even download it from someone else... (legally).
Same thing happens to me when i'm playin killzone 3 campaign , so i looked it up and it's because of the tv your using , if your using a lcd then that's probably why but i heard it doesn't lag at all with plasma tvs and also try to change that settings or something.
Last edited by fyygames; 04-06-2011 at 05:00 AMReason: Automerged Doublepost