Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] Ps3 Lagging Offline help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi Guys, My cousins Fat 80gb PS3 has started lagging offline :s i was playing shift2 last night on internal and it was seriously lagging (split second freeze then jumping ahead), internet connection is disabled too, i think it was also happening with gt5 on his system but its happened a few times on my console at home.

Any Ideas?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Its sounds as though his ps3 is displaying pre ylod behaviour. Has it ylod before?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i had the same problem nate... you asked me to update to 3.55 remember?? it solved problem for me...

Nope, It's not had yellow light before... worried now

You can try to reflash the CFW from the recovery menu. Put 3.55 Kmeaw on a flash drive under X:\PS3\UPDATE\PS3UPDAT.PUP and enter the Recovery Menu:

1. Turn off Playstation 3.
    2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
    3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps
    4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
    5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
    6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

Select the option to update the firmware.

Does it do it continuously or just after a long time playing?

He says that both ps3's are already on 3.55
    Last edited by Natepig; 03-31-2011 at 04:56 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

severusx: Thanks for the tip, I'll try reflashing tomorrow and post back results.

Natepig: It doesn't happen after lots of gaming, its pretty much random and has happened at the begining, (1st race), I'll post a video of the lag so you can see exactly what i mean.

did you manage to get it working again?

Maybe another solution try a doing another back up of the game sounds to me all you have is a bad rip as you say it's just 1 or 2 games and if you do have a legal disk you can even download it from someone else... (legally).

Good luck..

Banned User
    Same thing happens to me when i'm playin killzone 3 campaign , so i looked it up and it's because of the tv your using , if your using a lcd then that's probably why but i heard it doesn't lag at all with plasma tvs and also try to change that settings or something.
    Last edited by fyygames; 04-06-2011 at 06:00 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News