Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Jailbreak info

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I want to know if i jailbreak my ps3, would i always need the usb drive for it to run unsigned code?? (I know most likely i will need it)

also, if i boot up my ps3 (after jailbreaking it) without the usb, what will happen to my ps3? will it revert back to un-jailbroken status? i.e. sony wont be able to tell if my ps3 is jailbroken and i am able to play original games online without any ban risk?

Finally, what is the most likely way sony can find out that the unit is jailbroken? if so, are there any solutions?

Thanks and great work devs!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Buddy you can remove psjailbreak/psgroove usb dongle after installing backup manager but you have to use psjailbreak/psgroove usb dongle every time u start ur ps3. Its already been answered several times that even if you use jailbreak once sony will know it bcz ps3 generates a log file/files that has the information about what recently you have played on your console.

They can ban your ps3 from psn but so far they didn't ban any ps3 they just rolled out a firmware update which will block the jailbreak exploit (which they recently did with 3.42).

As for solution to prevent your ps3 from being banned you can make backup manager ninja, you can find more infos here...

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...er-112443.html

If this helped you plz give me a rep by click on green button and then by choosing i approve.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I was hoping that the jailbreak was something that you can plug in if you was to run unsigned code and then remove if you don't want to run unsigned code. didn't think that it would be required for you to start up your ps3. oh well!! will have to wait and see what the homebrew scene will look like before i jailbreak my ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrachez View Post
    I was hoping that the jailbreak was something that you can plug in if you was to run unsigned code and then remove if you don't want to run unsigned code. didn't think that it would be required for you to start up your ps3. oh well!! will have to wait and see what the homebrew scene will look like before i jailbreak my ps3.
    You don't have to plug in JB to start your PS3 Only to start the exploit... If you don't plug it in the Ps3 will start as a retail unit.

It was told too many times, google won't hurt you...

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News