Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 jailbreak help?

Sponsored Links
    I am new to the jailbreak scene but i have been reading a lot about what to do and how to do etc.

Now i am confused. I used the minverchk and it showed that i had the base version of 2.70. The ps3 model that i have is CECH-2008A. And the ps3 has been updated to version 4.31.

Now after all the reading that i have done i have come to know that 4.31 ver cannot be downgraded without a hardware flasher.
    But there are some that say it can be.

My question is whether my model can be downgraded now that i have updated it to 4.31 with or without a flasher?? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Best Answer - Posted by JeoWay:

The console can certainly be downgraded (I used to have this console as well until it broke). Your model consists of a 2k PS3 which is downgradable. If it was a 3k model or above then its a no. You do need a flasher however because they are many good fakes out there in the wild claiming to be able to downgrade your console. Which is false.

Please do not attempt a downgrade on your console using a firmware file. ALWAYS! Use a flasher.

If you do downgrade to 3.55, I recommend using Rebug 4.xX CFW

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You console is PS3 Slim 120Gbs & yes it can be downgraded using a hardware flasher, remember the flasher is required to downgrade
    after that you can install the CFW you like & play backups.

Have a nice day.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    And there is no other way to downgrade it without using a flasher???
    Last edited by sanan1000; 06-13-2013 at 02:56 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The console can certainly be downgraded (I used to have this console as well until it broke). Your model consists of a 2k PS3 which is downgradable. If it was a 3k model or above then its a no. You do need a flasher however because they are many good fakes out there in the wild claiming to be able to downgrade your console. Which is false.

Please do not attempt a downgrade on your console using a firmware file. ALWAYS! Use a flasher.

If you do downgrade to 3.55, I recommend using Rebug 4.xX CFW

Thank you. This was very helpful.

I do there downgrades if you are in the states. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News