Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Jailbreak/Hacks questions help?

Sponsored Links
    Is there any other way to perform a jailbreak or add hacks or other similar stuff? Do I absolutely need one of the said usb keys or can I perform this by hooking my PS3 directly to my computer via ethernet cable?

Really want to do this, but not sure on specifics. Kinda new to this. Just got my PS3. My system software is v 4.11. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    On FW's higher then 3.55/3.6 you need first to downgrade your console otherwise you cant jailbreak it. And no you can just use a CFW then and install it. But you again will need a JIG with service mode fw aka PSGrade together with a flasher like ProgSkeet to be able to downgrade your console.

And 3K Models cand be hacked to time.
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 04-07-2012 at 12:28 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok so what about hacks? How would I go about using them on ps3 with games like MW2 or World at War for like campaign and spec. ops? Would i need to jailbreak for that or what? Like i said, i'm new to this whole ps3 scene lol. And could i use them on 4.11?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No Jailbreak = No Hack = No Backups = No Homebrew.

Please read the post carefully again the explanation of your answer is there.

As i said, not familiar with all this stuff. to me, your explanation was kind of vague. Would i be able to use like a SD smart-card instead of one of those usb keys?

No. You first need to get a flasher like Progskeet to downgrade your 4.11 console to 3.55 and additional you need a USB JIG with Downgrade ability otherwise you cant successful downgrade your console. But if you have a 3K Model you will be most likely out of luck.

And you only can use a USB device cause the method used is stolen from Sony's service JIG and only work with USB device or you use some of the Open Source options like to use a psp or a calculator, smartphone and so on which has a usb port and the needed information can be send over that usb port.

Sd card for what?? a jailbreak?? what was mentioned b4 are your ONLY Options.

if you have updated your ps3 past 3.56 firmware depending on what model console you have you either need a NAND or NOR hardware flasher which allows you to copy the information on the NAND/NOR chip and re-program them. these chips store vital console data and firmware coreOS.

SO MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A GOOD BACKUP BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO WRITE TO IT basically you re-program 3.55 coreOS onto the chip directly which gives us the ability to enter factory service mode a feature discovered in the 3.55 jailbreak which sony removed after 3.56+

Before anyone mentions DemonHades 3.56, it doesn't actually install on 3.56 only on 3.55 and its a very weird firmware meaning if you have a drive with official 3.56 dev_flash and you update to DH3.56 then swap drives it doesn't boot into 3.56 which it should normally do..
    Last edited by technodon; 04-08-2012 at 01:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't understand what you're really after, do you want to hack (cheat) those games or hack a PS3. There are many ways to hack games like MW2 (without Jailbreaking a PS3) but most of the time those ways are obsolete due to game patches. But here is a hack for MW2 from a while ago as an example (http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...patch-updates/).

if you mean challenge lobbys you downgrade to 3.55 run the game download the latest update, patch the update with modded files then update to 4.11 and fly around online

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News