Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes i'm hoping the same thing too. We can definetly place backups on an external usb hard drive and it would be great to be able to play back through the external hard drive with the loader. Is there any word from the G's at PDX if the loader can work off of games stored on an external? Sounds possible but is it being configured that way now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    i gotta say tho, i like the sound of an ISO loader coming out so soon, hmm, its only been how many moths since ps3 came out? i have been tryn to save $ to get another HDD for ps3, im hoping that the loader will work with an external USB drive, that way i can just connect it from ps3 to pc and back and forth and all that good stuff...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PromiscRacoon View Post
    I wouldn't place my money on the people at Paradox releasing the loader even after the euro release and then some.
    I wouldn't either. Didn't Paradox claim to have a PSP loader before anybody else too? I'm not saying that they don't have a PS3 loader, but I'm not counting on them releasing it anytime soon if ever.

I'm not updating my firmware just because they say its ok to either.

Sponsored Links

PS3 Triangle Button

Sponsored Links
    Clueless children: Paradox did have a PSP Loader (months before anyone else- we posted a pic of it even HEHE), and no, they didn't end up releasing it publically because someone else did and theirs was actually suitable at the time so there was no need to 'PROPER' it with something similar. I guess you need to understand how the scene works to really understand PDX.

My guess is if no other group comes forward after the EUR release then a 'freeware' PS3 solution may not be what we'll see for the PS3 initially... perhaps an "unnecessary but the only option at the moment" PS3 mod-chip or similar 'pay' solution (ala U.P. PSP Mod). Those who know PDX/Divineo/SupremeFactory/Viper/Cobra/DMS/Toxic/etc will probably agree with me... time will tell HEHE!

Agreed. People will, which is why IF nobody else publically shares a PS3 exploit/hole (not necessarily an iSO Loader) then chances are the PDX one won't end up seeing the light of day either if money can be made packaging it with some 'DMS5' Mod OS instead. I can't blame them, after all- it's their work so they can do with it what they choose... my point is simply I wouldn't hold your breath for a Paradox PS3 iSO Loader release until someone else makes the first move. If nobody does, then post-EUR PS3 launch I'd say a type of PS3 Mod is more likely than anything else from the PDX camp... unless someone leaks it.

Not that I'm aware of... sceners and insiders already have seen proof, and it's up to them (myself included) to report updates to others as they are available. If/when a picture or video is available we'll share it in our Site News of course, but from talking to PDX I don't think they have any intention of such things unfortunately.

Right now I'm more interested (personally) in if the 1.5 FW Update still contains the exploit/hole.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    Not that I'm aware of... sceners and insiders already have seen proof, and it's up to them (myself included) to report updates to others as they are available. If/when a picture or video is available we'll share it in our Site News of course, but from talking to PDX I don't think they have any intention of such things unfortunately.

Right now I'm more interested (personally) in if the 1.5 FW Update still contains the exploit/hole.
    same here, i guess sony won't be able to fix that exploit/hole unless someone points it out to them. Im not saying ppl in sony is dumb but they are always passive on that. Hopefully someone will find that and release it publicly or members of the GODS@PARADOX leak it to the public :-)

I honestly don't expect them to release it, and if they did it would just be patched and then it'd be a cat and mouse game between Sony and PDX.

Its Sonys JOB to patch these things, the people involved in PDX probably have a lot of other things going on in their lives to worry about beating Sony out of the gate with an improved loader only to have it patched shortly after.

The mod chip is the best way to go, one that could say make the console run off of a very low version and then allow the system to boot off the newest "installed" firmware when you wanted to play online.

Hell maybe even "emulation" of firmware could happen, trick the system into thinking your at 1.50 when your really at 1.10.

Who knows just yet.

I'm from Europe and i'm waiting for the EUR PS3 RELEASE. My thought is that they should wait for the EUR version to be released, so that everybody in Europe can grab the current version at the time of the release. Maybe in that version the exploit will still be available (hopefully) so that everyone who buys the units can play backup games immediatly after buyng them. It would be a shame if they (PDX or any other group) would release it before EUR release. I'm hoping that things would/should take this path, so that in the end everyone's happy with the results.

Cheers and HAVE PATIENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by sillycrap101 View Post
    Ok, another question.

You need to have 1.5 to play online and go to the store right? But the web browser works fine. Isn't the PSN store really just a web page?

The stores web page is [Register or Login to view links]

I wonder if 1.10 and 1.32 users you can go to it using the web browser on the PS3 and download demos that way???

I'm not near my 1.32 PS3 right now but I'll try when I get back from work.
    This topic should continue somewhere else BUT for now to answer..no you can't access it. It says try again later.

The problem with even being able to access it, is that fat that even if we download the demos (in a PKG format), we still cant unpack, or install them, leaving us with (assumed) encrypted files, taking up space on our hard disks!

Now, if we could edit the data going to -> from the PS3 store, we could (if it was a cleartext CHECK), just edit it, and pass it along, but that in itself = isnt that easy to do (not to mention if any of the demos have version checks!)

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News