Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Internal Or External HDD help?

Sponsored Links
    Yesterday I received an email that the product I ordered from Lightake sent (E3 Card Reader) Now I have to buy a HDD and what I unobtrusive whether to buy an external or internal. I will buy the hard drive in the U.S. (probably at BestBuy).

I found a site that has a large list of games includes details of whether the game works on an internal or external HDD. From what I understood every game will work on an internal HDD, but not every game will work on an external HDD (that you can't move it because of the weight).

The main games I want to play with it - GTA: Episodes From Liberty City, Battlefield Bad Company 2, PES2011, GT5, COD: Black Ops

What I you suggest me to buy? I prefer to buy 1 HDD not 2.

Thank and Good DAY!
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Honestly - an internal hard disk is nicer, easier on the eyes, less fuss about everything. However, slim-height SATA hard disk drives are not as cheap as their larger counterparts. You might be better off in taking the even cheaper route, getting a large capacity SATA drive, and grab some SATA / Power extension cables, plug them inside the PS3 (where the HDD goes) and to your HDD.

Of course, that way isn't the nicest looking - but it is the cheapest.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Honestly - an internal hard disk is nicer, easier on the eyes, less fuss about everything. However, slim-height SATA hard disk drives are not as cheap as their larger counterparts. You might be better off in taking the even cheaper route, getting a large capacity SATA drive, and grab some SATA / Power extension cables, plug them inside the PS3 (where the HDD goes) and to your HDD.

Of course, that way isn't the nicest looking - but it is the cheapest.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    CJPC Do you mean that you can take an internal 3.5" SATA hard drive and connect to where the 2.5" should go?

Yes - that is exactly what I mean, you need extension cables. There is a post from 2006, when the PS3 came out on how to do it here.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News