Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Incorrect BR Board: Possible Solutions?

Sponsored Links
    Hello chaps, I have a working 60GB ps3 here were someone has put in the wrong BluRay Drive Board but otherwise everything works. I was wondering if there was a way to read off the magic key from the motherboard and somehow insert it into the BluRay drive? Unfortunately I have it on v3.30 so no Linux (unless update is released?).

I understand this is mission impossible and likely there is no solution (maybe in a couple years?) but hopefully one day I can get the BR reading discs (or should I say showing) again.

Thank you all for your input
    Last edited by PRiME; 05-10-2010 at 10:21 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by Poopsqueege:

I had the same problem. I bought a new mobo and br board online.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I had the same problem. I bought a new mobo and br board online.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Interesting solution. I COULD do that then swap over the appropriate chips, however the cheap ones going are advertised as RED SCREEN issue which from what I understand is unfix-able (despite all the website advertisements suggesting swapping HDD Out to fix this, lmao).

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by PRiME View Post
    Hello chaps, I have a working 60GB ps3 here were someone has put in the wrong BluRay Drive Board but otherwise everything works. I was wondering if there was a way to read off the magic key from the motherboard and somehow insert it into the BluRay drive? Unfortunately I have it on v3.30 so no Linux (unless update is released?).

I understand this is mission impossible and likely there is no solution (maybe in a couple years?) but hopefully one day I can get the BR reading discs (or should I say showing) again.

Thank you all for your input
    i don't know if it is possible but if you could find the driveboard key in the bios then you could in theory flash it to the NAND chip on your board...

if you had the orriginal driveboard then you could remove this little chip and solder it on to your new board.

you could be SOL unless you can find your drive key somewhere in the bios of the console.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

ps3-drive-board-firmware-chip.jpg  

Arrow

Yes, the way is just:

1) Remove Nand BD Driveboard and install to your new one!
    2) Get Magic Key from your PS3 and flash it to newer BD driveboard.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News