Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yep it's seated properly

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you remove NOR_Tristate after flashing? This will stop the console from booting otherwise

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes and no that doesn't really matter if tristate is still attached

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

hi guys, I have a ps3 slim CECH2503A with an original firmware 4.46 I decide to hack this machine

I need help to hack...

NOR_Tristate will cause the black screen if left connected. You need to remove it after flashing for the console to boot properly. Otherwise it halts the system completely.

If you have NOR_Tristate connected and you're still getting YLOD you're looking at getting the CPU and/or RSX reflowed.

Do you have:

1) Soldering experience?
    2) A hardware flasher such as E3 or Progskeet?
    Last edited by mushy409; 08-21-2013 at 06:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes and yes no needing to reflow mate not worth it its a slim n if slims have problems with GPU and CPU through it in the bin unles reballed.

So what can I do?

So I cant seem to get the OFW version 4.46 off the playstation 3 and put Rogero 4.46 on. I'm constantly getting an data corrupted message 8002F957.

I don't think the data is corrupted and I was doing a little homework on how to get this jailbroken without a E3 Flasher. I jailbroke my Fat playstation and now I wanna do it with my slim. Help?!?!

Ok to just recap on this...

Console has YLOD (bricked apparently) regardless of whether NOR Tristate is grounded? This indicates a hardware fault (not related to the flash)

Program the original backup flash (that was working) then read it back onto the SD card - compare the 2 files with hexeditor - any differences mean the backup isn't being written properly which takes us back to the clip seating.

I personally repair consoles and have done for some time - a reflow will fix a lot of consoles if:

a) its done properly with the right equipment (not a hot air gun or in the oven...)
    b) if the console hasn't been mauled by a previous "modder" or owner

Yes reballing the console is a sure way to repair it but no need to throw YLOD's in the bin. People still buy them don't you know?

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News