Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 HDMI port problem, need advice help?

Sponsored Links
    My PS3 is an 80 gig fat model, 3.72 OFW but it has some problems.

When I turn it on, I can't reset the video settings or put it into safe mode because I can't get multiple beeps. Holding the power button for a minute or so just turns the ps3 back off.

I can't get the HDMI port to work at all.

The normal video port works fine, but the PS3 starts up very slowly. It seems to take about 45 seconds because the music and video show up.

I don't think it has anything to do with my cords or TV, because I have another ps3 that works just fine using the same setup.

Never been opened, warranty seal intact.

I bought the ps3 from someone else, so according to him these problems started about a year and a half ago. The ps3 works fine, but it would be nice to get the HDMI port working again or just fix the problem before it becomes worse. If anyone has any advice on what might be wrong with my PS3 or how I can fix it I would appreciate it.
    Best Answer - Posted by oVERSoLDiER:

Turn your PS3 on and hold the power button as long as it peeps the 2nd time. Until the 2nd peep - the PS3 should search for the best video output which is HDMI. Tell us what happens and / or if it helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you don't want to lose your warranty you should send it to sony. Otherwise i think you would have to open it and first check conections of the hdmi port with a multi-meter.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Turn your PS3 on and hold the power button as long as it peeps the 2nd time. Until the 2nd peep - the PS3 should search for the best video output which is HDMI. Tell us what happens and / or if it helps.

So, did you try the usual change display setting from the menu? That's the first thing you should try.

An alternative to getting the HDMI working would be to use a component cable.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News