Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 HDD upgrade help?

Sponsored Links
    hi,

i'm planning to upgrade my jailbroken PS3 80GB hdd to this 640GB one. I know how to change the hdds physically, my question would be about trophies and protected saves.

How do those work when exchanging hdds? Will the trophies go to the backup or do I have to do something else?

thanks for your help.
    Best Answer - Posted by GrandpaHomer:

Currently - as far as I'm aware - there is no way of copying the trophies across apart of synchronizing them online I'm afraid.

There were numerous attempts to copy them using the FTP program but so far nobody seems to be able to do that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Currently - as far as I'm aware - there is no way of copying the trophies across apart of synchronizing them online I'm afraid.

There were numerous attempts to copy them using the FTP program but so far nobody seems to be able to do that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i might try simply editing them using the trophy editor to restore them to my previous state. how about the copy-protected saves?

Everything else - including protected Game saves - would be copied over via PS3's build in Backup / Restore option. However - keep in mind that Sony've introduced additional protection a way back so now after restoring the backup to another hard drive in the same PS3 you'd need to reactivate your PSN content (games & DLSc) by logging into PSN - so unusable if you want to keep your PS3 JB-able - same goes for trophies indeed.

oh crap... is there anyway to bypass that? sorry for double-posting. can't edit my own post.

how about copying the entire thing over to the new hdd via ftp?

i read that the trophies wouldn't work that way but wouldn't that still put everything else in place and skip the "Log into PSN and screw yourself"?
    Last edited by PedoBear; 09-28-2010 at 05:49 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well - I can't confirm that but somebody here in the forum claimed that they've managed to copy the content of old hard drive to new one using the FTP program without need of (re-)activating the content by I've not tested it myself so can't vouch for that.

I believe that since a few updates back Sony introduced linking of the PSN content not only to PSN ID and concole ID but also to the hard drive's serial number. You can actually find the hard drive serial number in registry - hence the possibility if you'll copy the files "manually" rather then using the Sony's build in utility it might (and I say MIGHT) work

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News