Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 HDD switch problem help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, I have a PS3 40gb system that has the RLOD on it, I also have an 80gb PS3 with a fried HDD. I want to put the 40gb HDD in the 80gb system, but every time i start the system it tells me... The system cannot be run correctly. Press the PS button to restart the system.

If the system cannot be restarted, the system partition of the hard disk must be reformatted and you must reinstall the system software. Connect storage media that contains update data of version 3.56 or later, and then press the START and SELECT buttons at the same time.

Now, I have tried the restart part, no success. I have also downloaded the current version 3.65 along with 3.61 and 3.60, none of which work. Every time I try the update part I get an error saying "Data is Corrupted" (8002F225) or (8002F2B5) I have tied researching this problem but have found no good answer to my question.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

Ok, first I assume that you aren't using any CFW that is spoofing 3.56 and actually are on 3.56 right? If that is true then I would recommend that you connect the HD to a PC and delete/format any partitions that are on it. Then reconnect it to your PS3 and try again. Hopefully you aren't on 3.56 v1, because you will have to send it to Sony if you are.

If you are using a 3.56 spoof CFW, be sure to use that firmware instead of the actual 3.56 or you will be locked out of homebrew for the foreseeable future.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, first I assume that you aren't using any CFW that is spoofing 3.56 and actually are on 3.56 right? If that is true then I would recommend that you connect the HD to a PC and delete/format any partitions that are on it. Then reconnect it to your PS3 and try again. Hopefully you aren't on 3.56 v1, because you will have to send it to Sony if you are.

If you are using a 3.56 spoof CFW, be sure to use that firmware instead of the actual 3.56 or you will be locked out of homebrew for the foreseeable future.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what firmware is on both your ps3.. the hdd on and the other broken one.. this will help us help you if we know as much as possible.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News