Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 hacking questions

Sponsored Links
    Hello all, thanks for stopping by on this post.

I'm new to PS3 hacking but I wanted to get a few things straight before I start off messing around.

1. Does it go like this, PKG -> EBOOT -> SELF -> ELF (ELF being the the decrypted form)

2. Is it possible to actually put your own executable code in a modded retail PKG and make it run?

3. Is #2 possible on a retail PS3 without using a dev console?

4. I heard at around 2.8 there was added support to stop PKG editing, does this mean it is best to try on a firmware before that?
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Quote Originally Posted by coobot View Post
    1. Does it go like this, PKG -> EBOOT -> SELF -> ELF (ELF being the the decrypted form)
    It does, except an EBOOT == a SELF , just renamed.
    2. Is it possible to actually put your own executable code in a modded retail PKG and make it run?
    No, you can not - best bet is to use a DEV console to make a DEV package with your own code - you can not modify a retail package.
    4. I heard at around 2.8 there was added support to stop PKG editing, does this mean it is best to try on a firmware before that?
    What was done was HDD editing of the installed packages actually, they added some additional DRM checks to ensure you actually installed the item.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It does, except an EBOOT == a SELF , just renamed.
    No, you can not - best bet is to use a DEV console to make a DEV package with your own code - you can not modify a retail package.
    What was done was HDD editing of the installed packages actually, they added some additional DRM checks to ensure you actually installed the item.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Haha, thank you so much.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News