Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Registered User vanillathunder2's Avatar
    Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Green Light of Death??

Sponsored Links
    Hey everyone, I have a 40gb ps3 phat and it was hitting fan noise 3 24-7 so i took it apart and cleaned all the dust out and applied new thermal paste. after like 2 weeks I turnt the ps3 on and then the screen became pixelated it done this twice and then after that the ps3 comes on but there is no sound or video just the green light I have tried getting the recovery menu but no luck i have heat gunned both chips and still no luck does anyone know how I can get it working? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    About the only thing to do is to have it reballed with lead based solder or send it to sony.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Or for a quick fix that can last anywhere from a few months to a year (mine's been fine for over six months), just use the heat gun technique to reflow the solder. I know some people here will cry out in detest of this method, but I personally have been using it on my CECHA01 for over two years to no ill effects.

Registered User vanillathunder2's Avatar
    Thanks, I have tried the heat gun and still no video or sound just the green light.

i read somewhere its the rsx chip and you need to apply pressure to it, but i don't know what to use to apply the pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillathunder2 View Post
    i read somewhere its the rsx chip and you need to apply pressure to it, but i don't know what to use to apply the pressure.
    reballing does just that, it corrects the errors with the rsx chip.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News