Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 graphics problem, can't enter safe mode help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, I have a ps3 FAT cechk03. The console will only play for about half hour (sometimes a couple of hours, sometimes 5 mins). After how ever long the screen freezes and is covered in lines normally different colours and flashing.

Also i am unable to enter safe mode on this console, can do it on my other console but not this one. I just get a blank screen, then when i restart i normally get the screen crash straight away. Once its crashed and i restart the console i get no picture at all, if i leave it off for an hour or two it will start up fine.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

It sounds like the ps3 will get hot and when it does one of the solder balls under the gpu will get a crack and then you will loose picture. I would say that it needs to be reflowed or reballed. Also you could try to put new thermal paste on the heat sinks and see if that helps. thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It sounds like the ps3 will get hot and when it does one of the solder balls under the gpu will get a crack and then you will loose picture. I would say that it needs to be reflowed or reballed. Also you could try to put new thermal paste on the heat sinks and see if that helps. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News