[Answered] PS3 Games From External HDD to Internal?

Hello Guys

I'm new here and i will open my account with a question i have. So the problem is that there are some games that have files over 4 gb and need to be installed to internal PS3 HDD. how can i do that without the ftp (the problem is the low speed)?? ... is there any application for ps3 that when i plugg in an external HDD can copy the files to the internal HDD?

Sorry for my bad english and thnx in advance
    Last edited by Christos; 09-20-2010 at 06:31 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by EiKii
    low speed on ftp? hehe my ftp is way faster then usb xD anyhow for the moment no as you wouldent be able to put it on the external, there is a mananger for putting internal to extarnal if files are bigger then 4 but it wont run and the program will split and the rejoin the files so it works again on the internal, so for the moment no sorry.

hope that helps.

low speed on ftp? hehe my ftp is way faster then usb xD anyhow for the moment no as you wouldent be able to put it on the external, there is a mananger for putting internal to extarnal if files are bigger then 4 but it wont run and the program will split and the rejoin the files so it works again on the internal, so for the moment no sorry.

hope that helps.

Even if you could do that with a ps3-app, the ps3 is not able to handle external drives which are not formatted to fat32...
    so, my conclusion is, that you do not have any alternatives other than ftp right now...

Quote Originally Posted by patholi View Post
    Even if you could do that with a ps3-app, the ps3 is not able to handle external drives which are not formatted to fat32...
    so, my conclusion is, that you do not have any alternatives other than ftp right now...
    Well - all what would need the PS3 (and corresponding PC counterpart) app to do would be split any file larger than 4 GB to 4 GB chunks and then rejoin them again. Nothing major really to program on both ends

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Well - all what would need the PS3 (and corresponding PC counterpart) app to do would be split any file larger than 4 GB to 4 GB chunks and then rejoin them again. Nothing major really to program on both ends
    Nice idea, though this wouldn't make file-transfer faster than ftp... I think we're all good with a wired ftp-connection so far