Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Games Double install?

Sponsored Links
    I am using TI-84 to JB, and Backup Mananger V2... The only issues with this double install I have are with MGS4 and GT5 Prologue...

I upload the games to LAUN...\GAMEZ folder and mount them with BUM... I launch them and just those two games (I also have Dead Space, Tekken 6 and GOW: Collection that didn't do this) go on and install on the PS3 hard drive, effectively doubling themselves...

So MGS4 is taking up 60Gb of space instead of 30Gb, and if I erase the LAUN\GAMEZ copy that I FTPed up, BUM doesn't see the game anymore...

How to prevent these double installs of these games?
    Thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I believe this was covered before actually, if I recall correctly games that usually install to the PS3 HDD will do it again once you install them to the HDD and this is normal behavior. If someone wishes to add to this, feel free.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So how do you get to the point that there's only one copy on the HDD?

I don't think there is a work-around for that yet, as it's only the games that require a HDD install (vs all games)... I'm sure one will surface though soon enough.

I found the thread you are talking about... thanks for your help!

LOVE this forum for this feature... help forum ROCKS!

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News