Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 game utilities?

Sponsored Links
    Are there any PS3 game utilities available to extract various media files?

For example, FFXIII has a ton of FMVs which I'd like to try and rip. It also has themes I'd like to edit and install to PS3. I know with the 360 version people have been able to rip the 3D models, but is there a way to do this with PS3? If not, is anyone interested to hacking the PS3 file formats?

Here is one of the models I'm talking about.

Other files inside FFXIII:
    z000_us.ps3.wmp - FMV movie file
    white_z002u_img.ps3.bin - some type of packed/encrypted file?

Also, I dumped Green Day Rock Band and it was only 3.50 GB!

Trophy data on the discs was easily ripped and you can access the xml like files and png files. Example of the file structure [Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

4780552391_feba0aaa32_b.jpg  
    Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

Quote Originally Posted by PSGamer24 View Post
    I found a supposed extractor but can't get it to work. It is based on the BMS script (http://wiki.xentax.com/index.php/BMS#Introduction) language. I get "No such file or directory" error message every time.

This (http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/ff13.bms) is the script which is used with the white_imgu.ps3.bin file and QuickBMS.

Ok so ya, all the files except for trophy data have a file layer of encryption. Is it possible to use linux with geohot exploit to decrypt the files?
    In theory - yes you could, but you would have to write code to somehow do it (utilizing the loaders, for starters). If you are seriously interested in it, it may be useful for you to get a PS3 TEST - as they can remove the disk layer of encryption transparently.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    PS3 BRDGen allows you to extract common file types from PS3 game images... if you haven't tried that yet, it's available HERE.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I know that, but the files are packed or encrypted so I'm looking for another tool to extract files from the package files contained on the disc or a way of playing the FMVs/music files.

Got ya, sadly at the moment there isn't such a tool so you'd have to analyze the .bin (or whatever) format and code a tool to unpack them... which as I'm sure you guessed, is easier said than done.

I found a supposed extractor but can't get it to work. It is based on the BMS script ([Register or Login to view links]) language. I get "No such file or directory" error message every time.

This ([Register or Login to view links]) is the script which is used with the white_imgu.ps3.bin file and QuickBMS.

Ok so ya, all the files except for trophy data have a file layer of encryption. Is it possible to use linux with geohot exploit to decrypt the files?

Quote Originally Posted by PSGamer24 View Post
    I found a supposed extractor but can't get it to work. It is based on the BMS script ([Register or Login to view links]) language. I get "No such file or directory" error message every time.

This ([Register or Login to view links]) is the script which is used with the white_imgu.ps3.bin file and QuickBMS.

In theory - yes you could, but you would have to write code to somehow do it (utilizing the loaders, for starters). If you are seriously interested in it, it may be useful for you to get a PS3 TEST - as they can remove the disk layer of encryption transparently.

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    What do you mean they can remove the disk layer transparently? Could You please explain how it removes the disk layer encryption transparently...

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    What do you mean they can remove the disk layer transparently? Could You please explain how it removes the disk layer encryption transparently...
    I think that maybe CJPC means this thread: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-de...de-109988.html

look at that PS3 DEBUG can do it.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News