Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button [Answered] PS3 Game Pricing??

Sponsored Links
    From [Register or Login to view links]:
    At the CESA Developers Confrence Hirokazu Hamamura, president of Enterbrain (publisher of Famitsu) talked about the price range of upcoming PS3 software. Much like Xbox and Xbox 360, he sees a significant price increase between PS2 and PS3. Hamamura-san forsees the cheapest PS3 software being at least $70 USD (EUR 57 / YEN 7,800) while the most expensive would be around $79 USD (EUR 65 / YEN 8,800). That will leave Canadian gamers paying $83-$94.

Perhaps Kutaragi was right and we should all just suck it up and get second jobs.
    I was hoping the game prices would be the same so i hope this is just speculative.
    Best Answer - Posted by WOWchamp:

That is of course, when the PS3 is ever able to run pirated copys of games. And good luck downloading 40+GB immages off the internet.... ISP's will wise up when they see the bandwidth usage skyrocket and then its a matter of time until people are caught.

Renting is another story, but dont expect to rent these things anywhere short of 5$ each. Then you need a Blue-Ray burner and blank Blue-Ray media, which the burner should be horribly expensive at launch, I wouldnt be shocked to see BL blanks start at 20$ each. Then of course you need to pay for the chip, and the install (unless you want to play with your 400$ investment). I dont see this a viable option until around 2 years after launch.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by mariotrev
    I was hoping the game prices would be the same so i hope this is just speculative.
    It's just going to push people to piracy that much further.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think it's only speculation so nothing to worry about. I still think that it won't go up till $60 well I hope.

i personally think $50 is way to much to charge for new ps2 games. it should be around $20

i hope the ps3 will be hackable

It will, sonys Fullproof PSP that wouldnt ever need a forced firmware update lived up to its name for what a few months???

Personally 50$ isnt to much for a game you love and get hours upon hours of time out of. IE Final Fantasy 7, even though I paid full price for it, it was worth every dime.

80$ is outrageous for anything short of an epic masterpice, and this will stab the gameing population in the jugular. I can see 60$ as a hike in hardware can lead to more $$, even for the simple fact a Blue-Ray ROM disk probably costs more then a DVD ROM.

100% unacceptable. This will push a TON of otherwise legal gamers into piracy...

So basically if you are practically broke and you don't have the money to a buy a game it is acceptable to pirate games because you wouldn't of have bought them in the first play and as a result the company wouldn't get the money anyway from you! (I am joking off couse Laugh Out Loud)

That is of course, when the PS3 is ever able to run pirated copys of games. And good luck downloading 40+GB immages off the internet.... ISP's will wise up when they see the bandwidth usage skyrocket and then its a matter of time until people are caught.

Renting is another story, but dont expect to rent these things anywhere short of 5$ each. Then you need a Blue-Ray burner and blank Blue-Ray media, which the burner should be horribly expensive at launch, I wouldnt be shocked to see BL blanks start at 20$ each. Then of course you need to pay for the chip, and the install (unless you want to play with your 400$ investment). I dont see this a viable option until around 2 years after launch.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News