Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 game backups discless from HDD help?

Sponsored Links
    Is it possible to run PS3 games discless after you install them to the hdd? If so, how?

Sorry if this isn't in the right section. Thanks in advance.
    Best Answer - Posted by HeyManHRU:

You can using multiMAN manager (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post388832).

Just run the game normally and play it from "App home" (or whatever it is called on your CFW). Or run it straight away from multiMAN without going back to the XMB, do this by pressing "Square" on the game to enter the game options and select "Direct boot".

Many games don't work discless though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can using multiMAN manager (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post388832).

Just run the game normally and play it from "App home" (or whatever it is called on your CFW). Or run it straight away from multiMAN without going back to the XMB, do this by pressing "Square" on the game to enter the game options and select "Direct boot".

Many games don't work discless though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome, thanks for the reply. Do you guys have a list here of working games? If not, do you know if Black Ops work discless?

There should be a couple of lists of compatible discless games if you look it up.

OK thanks. Another thing, I'll get my PS3 tomorrow, I don't know which FW it has installed, can every fw be softmodded or just 3.55?

Just 3.55 and below. If it 3.56 FW or higher you will need to downgrade using a chip (like an infectus). There are a couple guides on how to do this in the "PS3 Guides & Tutorials" section.

Cool, thanks for the help

Retail units have 3.6 or better on them now. Pawn shops or ebay/amazon is the best place to find a good 3.41 or 3.55 console.

The PS3 had 3.66 but I had to update top 3.70 to play a game lol so dumb of me. Btw, is there any way to download PSN Store content from the PC and install them with a USB or something?

Well to install a PKG file on your PS3 you will need the "Install Package files" option on your PS3. To get that option you will need a hacked PS3 (Jailbreak/CFW).

Also, congratulations on your new PS3.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News