Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Game backups causing system freezing on reboot

Sponsored Links
    Well I have now tried to back up my 4th game with no success yet.. backup manager is installed and this game which is god of war collection made it to 83% on the copy and then the top line now reads write fail!!!

I have noticed it on the other games I have tried to copy as well, some happen earlier then others. the game appears to have copied because it is listed now in back up manager so I pop in another disk and hit load on a backed up game and the system freezes on reboot with the wavey lines frozen in background or a blank screen, I do not have the game installed to the hd prior to copy. someone please help me get my first back up working?
    Best Answer - Posted by IndyColtsFan84:

How much free space do you have on your HDD? kinda sounds like its failing because there is not enough free space.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How much free space do you have on your HDD? kinda sounds like its failing because there is not enough free space.
    Last edited by IndyColtsFan84; 09-20-2010 at 09:28 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are you backing up to internal or external? FWRITE FAIL I think happens because there are files larger than 4GB trying to be written to a FAT32 external.

It is probably because you are trying to write to an external HDD that can not handle more than a 4 gig file limit because it is formatted to FAT32.

that might be the reason right there, now I need to either figure out how to put a bigger hd in which I have sitting here. sata 250gb 5400 and or get the ps3 to see a 1 tb western digital usb hd.

I have as of yet to get the ps3 to see a external usb hard drive (I dont know where to begin on setting that up) Right now I am backing up to internal Hd nothing else hooked to the ps3 other then a black cat. I do have a larger drive I would like to put in the ps3 but I cant seem to get that figured out, I need startup files to do that the system tells me right now I am at 28% copy after deleting stuff so I will know if it was a space issue soon hopefully.
    Last edited by Drakhen; 09-20-2010 at 09:58 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If the 250GB is 2.5" yeah you can use it internally. Here's what I would do.

(If you wanna save your current PS3 setup)
    1. Format a external drive to FAT32.
    2. Do full system backup to external drive formatted to FAT32
    3. Save backup somewhere safe

(Preparing Your Setup)
    1. Replace old drive with larger drive
    2. Let PS3 setup new hard drive you installed
    3. Use Jailbreak
    4. Setup Backup Manager
    5. Backup Games to internal drive
    6. Install FTP package
    7. FTP games from PS3 to PC
    8. Save FTP copied games on 1 TB NTFS External
    9. Rinse and repeat.

Well the space thing was the issue I deleted a few things and did the backup again and this time no fail booted up perfect thanks to all who had helped..

As far as the upgrading of the hard drive goes I get this. the system software can not be run correctly press the ps button to try to restsrt the system if the sysetem can not be restarted the partition of the hard disk must be reformated and you must reinstsll the system software connect storage media thst contains update data of version3.41 or later.

now I don't have usb pen drive bigger then 128mb and that will not hold the 3.41.

Glad i could help, nice to hear you got it working!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News