Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] PS3 fw 2.17 not playing divx files??

Sponsored Links
    I have a PS3 with the latest fiwrmare, 2.17 and i tried to play a .divx file it but, it wouldn't work. When I pressed 'triangle' and then 'infomation' it recognises the file, the length and file type etc but it wont play, it says does not support and then file is corrupt but it plays fine on my PC. I cant understand what the problem is??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked insanity View Post
    I have a PS3 with the latest fiwrmare, 2.17 and i tried to play a .divx file it but, it wouldn't work. When I pressed 'triangle' and then 'infomation' it recognises the file, the length and file type etc but it wont play, it says does not support and then file is corrupt but it plays fine on my PC. I cant understand what the problem is??
    I couldn't find any more detailed information about it, but unfortunately some DivX files just won't work . I wish they would freaking support MKV, that would be awesome lol.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Wicked. I've noticed a few older divx files don't seem to work. Not sure what the problem is. I downloaded a TV series for my kids which all seem to be compressed by the same person and some of the episodes needed recoding to work.

I am still on 2.10.

Quote Originally Posted by mohQ View Post
    I wish they would freaking support MKV, that would be awesome lol.
    Thats what I'm waiting for, ah well, in the mean time I'm happy using mkv2vob

After the latest update to 2.20 all the divx files work fine now. But thats not because they were over the previous 2GB file limit. But at least they play now, thanks to you guys anyway.

I think you need to rename .divx files to avi in order for them to play on older firmwares. When stage 6 was around I remember that I needed to rename the files that where *.divx.

I hope this helps anyone who still has pre 2.20 firmware....

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News