Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 FTP Server Black Screen?

Sponsored Links
    I have jailbroken my PS3 with two different methods; I used the TI-84 calculator and an 1st gen ipod touch (blackra1n 3.1.2 jailbroken). The ps3 is an original fat 60g ps3 running on firmware 3.41. I successfully jailbroken the ps3 and installed the ps3 ftp server.

However, everytime I load the ftp server, I encounter a black/blank screen. My ps3 freezes, I can't exit to the xmb or anything. I've tried putting an original ps3 game into the blu-ray drive and this hasnt worked. I know its not my video output, i've tried both AV and hdmi. If anyone knows a solution, it would be much appreciated.
    Best Answer - Posted by kamenrider:

are you using the version by blackbox? it's far more stable.

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...now-available/

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    have you tried reinstall, and redownload the ftp app? might be corrupt?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yea, i've tried reinstalling and redownloading the ftp server.

are you using the version by blackbox? it's far more stable.

http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...now-available/
    Last edited by kamenrider; 09-25-2010 at 06:01 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try both CJPC's and Blackbox version. What's your current network setting on your PS3? Are you using wired or wireless connection?

I've tried both Blackbox and CJPCs ftp server. My network settings are all default and its wired.

Is other homebrew working for you (like backup managers)? How much free space you have left on your PS3? Maybe it needs to rebuild your hard drive ...

backup manager also leads to a black screen. I have about 33g left on my 60g ps3. i dont know if this would be the source of the problem but my ps3 did have yellow lights before
    Last edited by artious808; 09-25-2010 at 07:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by artious808 View Post
    backup manager also leads to a black screen. I have about 33g left on my 60g ps3. i dont know if this would be the source of the problem but my ps3 did have yellow lights before
    Do you have your card reader removed? I had the same problem, and I solved in the past, I know have it again, it is caused because psgroove or any jailbreak device/software checks for everyhardware in the playstation, it then black screens if there is something missing, my drive died before and I removed it for repairs and I couldnt boot any homebrew again, then I fixed it and it worked, NOW its dead again and this time is the main BD board, I'M SCREWED

I still have my card reader, however, i'm not certain that it still works. How would i know if it works or not?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News