Confused [Answered] PS3 freezes after starting any application help?

Hello there.

Some weeks ago I updated my ps3 60 gb to 4.31 (ofw) but suddenly it freezes when It try to start any application on the ps3... don't know if it's because of the sys update or some (save) game/bad content.

I exactly do not know what to do. And before I destroy it ... I just wanted to ask you guys what to do.

Does anyone has the same problem?

Did you try and download the update from official sony website? or did you get your update from somewhere else? If i were you i would try and go into recovery mode and install the 4.31 ofw update from there and overwrite the bad pup file with the official one. If you dont know how to get into recovery mode you can do so by following these instructions:

Step 1: Turn off your Playstation 3.

Step 2: Hold the Power button down. The system will turn on and turn off once again.

Step 3: Once the system has been shutdown, Re-press and hold you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps.

Step 4: When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then press the PS button. The Recovery Menu will pop up.

Step 5: Should choose System Update from there and try installing the OFW from there via usb (make sure you have it in the right folder structure on your thumbdrive Folder structure should be "PS3/UPDATE" no quotes)

Hope this helps

You also could do Option 3, then Option 4 in Recovery to make sure the hdd has no issues.

I will try it, when I am back home. Thank you for the fast and detailed answer!

Hope it works and it's no sign for a YLOD