Originally Posted by Diverge
The complete Guide to Installing the Infectus and using properly:
1. Install the Infectus Chip using the PAL Pinout/Soldering Map, whether or not the NAND is 0 or 1 is irrellevant (BUT the top is 0)
2. DO NOT SOLDER THE GROUND WIRE or 5V!
3. DISCONNECT THE GROUND WIRE ON YOUR PS3 AND MAKE SURE IT CAN'T RE-GROUND (Wrap it in electrical tape or shrink wrap)
4. Use the Infectus Programmer 0.0.3.4, it is more flexible than the D,E,F,H variants
5. Make sure all devices are disconnected (ethernet, video cable, audio cable, USB)
1. Attach the Infectus Chip (If it was detachable like mine)
(This step is dangerous in some manner but I sugguest it instead of their method because it reduces interference down to nothing)
2. Run the Infectus Programmer 0.0.3.4 and then boot up the PS3
(The PS3 will CRASH! and boot the scary Yellow light, and flashing red; not to be alarmed though it does this because 2 devices are accessing the NAND and it just can't read what it needs to)
3. Read the NAND's and make as many backups as you need to of both to make sure they are identical...and don't delete any...they may come in handy if things don't go according to plan :-/
(DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR INFECTUS DURING OR WHEN THE PROCESS COMPLETES; THIS MAY LEAD TO DATA CURRUPTION....BEEN THERE)
4. When you are done Reading/Writing the NAND's, Flip the Physical power switch in the back, then remove the Infectus cables.
5. Flip the switch back on and boot up your PS3 and hope all is fine
-> If you receive an error 0x0000630 make sure that:
----> The NAND was erased prior
----> All wires have been disconnected from the system
----> The ground wire on the PS3 did not reground itself
----> The Infectus Chip is not grounded in some manner
----> ...Your PC is most likely the culprit...and its ground is affecting your PS3...use a laptop...place it where it wont be grounded...and disconnect your power cable...
That's all the advice I got...If you do recieve the write error though...chances are your NAND backups aren't 100% correct.
Good luck, and don't forget to share your "findings" with those who care
FW- 1.0 -> 1.1 -> 1.11 -> BRICKED -> REPLACED -> 1.82 -> BRICKED -> 1.82