Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] PS3 Firmware Recovery?

Sponsored Links
    I have been working for the past 3 days trying to get my NEW PS3 back in working condition after a more recent mishap with the Infectus chip.

I just had a break through understanding of the PS3 NAND's and if I'm correct in my understanding I will be able to fix my PS3 by the end of the month...It's gonna require LOADS of Hex editing and tweaking of the NAND's but I'm certain it will work.

If you got any valuable intel OR a PS3 (PAL or NTSC/JAP it doesn't matter) with an Infectus chip installed and want to help me out, give it a post or contact me.

Otherwise I'll be keeping you all updated as it comes.
    Hope to be joining the community again soon.
    HACKED2123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so you took out 2 x ps3's with your infectus chip? that sucks

i was just reading their site and saw your thread there. Was thinking about getting one to play with, but having 2nd thoughts if you bricked 2 machines. Did you figure out why you could never write to the 1st ps3? was it that the wiring was too long, ect? (just curious)

Sponsored Links

Guess Who's Back!!!

Sponsored Links
    I was thinking about starting another thread but hey...

My 2ND Bricked PS3 is working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I was gonna make a new story...but meh! I am not that Important!
    BUT MY US PS3 IS WORKING AND INDESTRUCTIBLE THANKS TO THE INFECTUS CHIP!!!!
    The wires are still as long as they used to be...and run to the front and replace the area where the "Card Reader" should be.
    Will post photo's soon!!
    HAPPY TO BE BACK ON THE SCENE!!!

Nice to hear hacked2123!

congrats man ur back!

Thumbs Up

Welcome back and we all look forward to more details and photos ...

I just ordered an Infectus to play around with... Not sure when it will get here, or when/if I will crack open my PS3 to wire it up. I want to come up with something nice, with good signal integrity for wiring it up - that i can detach at will, without having to sacrifice my card reader section.

any do's and don't from your experiences hacked2123? (i'd rather avoid any issues you came across )

...I am now having issues updating ...I get an error 80029C77)
    ...and am also having problems playing BD Movies....
    ...so I am stuck at firmware 1.82 ...
    Will try more firmwares now...

Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    I just ordered an Infectus to play around with... Not sure when it will get here, or when/if I will crack open my PS3 to wire it up. I want to come up with something nice, with good signal integrity for wiring it up - that i can detach at will, without having to sacrifice my card reader section.

any do's and don't from your experiences hacked2123? (i'd rather avoid any issues you came across )
    The complete Guide to Installing the Infectus and using properly:
    1. Install the Infectus Chip using the PAL Pinout/Soldering Map, whether or not the NAND is 0 or 1 is irrellevant (BUT the top is 0)
    2. DO NOT SOLDER THE GROUND WIRE or 5V!
    3. DISCONNECT THE GROUND WIRE ON YOUR PS3 AND MAKE SURE IT CAN'T RE-GROUND (Wrap it in electrical tape or shrink wrap)
    4. Use the Infectus Programmer 0.0.3.4, it is more flexible than the D,E,F,H variants
    5. Make sure all devices are disconnected (ethernet, video cable, audio cable, USB)

EXECUTION:
    1. Attach the Infectus Chip (If it was detachable like mine)
    (This step is dangerous in some manner but I sugguest it instead of their method because it reduces interference down to nothing)
    2. Run the Infectus Programmer 0.0.3.4 and then boot up the PS3
    (The PS3 will CRASH! and boot the scary Yellow light, and flashing red; not to be alarmed though it does this because 2 devices are accessing the NAND and it just can't read what it needs to)
    3. Read the NAND's and make as many backups as you need to of both to make sure they are identical...and don't delete any...they may come in handy if things don't go according to plan :-/
    (DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR INFECTUS DURING OR WHEN THE PROCESS COMPLETES; THIS MAY LEAD TO DATA CURRUPTION....BEEN THERE)
    4. When you are done Reading/Writing the NAND's, Flip the Physical power switch in the back, then remove the Infectus cables.
    5. Flip the switch back on and boot up your PS3 and hope all is fine

When Writing:
    -> If you receive an error 0x0000630 make sure that:
    ----> The NAND was erased prior
    ----> All wires have been disconnected from the system
    ----> The ground wire on the PS3 did not reground itself
    ----> The Infectus Chip is not grounded in some manner
    ----> ...Your PC is most likely the culprit...and its ground is affecting your PS3...use a laptop...place it where it wont be grounded...and disconnect your power cable...
    That's all the advice I got...If you do recieve the write error though...chances are your NAND backups aren't 100% correct.

Good luck, and don't forget to share your "findings" with those who care
    Hacked2123

Cool, thanks for the little guide

I've got a few questions about the nand on the ps3. I assume they are not powered when the ps3 is in standbye (powered off - just red light). I was curious about supplying my own power, externally to the ps3, to both of the Vcc @ pins 12/37 of the nand. I figured it would be much safer to read and write to the nands with the ps3 off (not powered at all), and avoid any corruption that might happen with both the ps3 and infectus both accessing the nand at the same time.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News