Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ny555soul View Post
    Can you explain a little more in detail why you say not to ground or connect the 5v on the infectus and to disconnect the ground on the ps3?How can the infectus read the nands with no power or ground. Also if you disconnect the ps3's ground how can it even power on? Am i misunderstanding what your saying?
    Ground just protects from extreme electrical charges/discharges. It carries no "mechanical" importance other than that. It does how ever cause inference when to objects aren't 100% on the same ground.

Removing the "neutral" ground just simply removes the interference. I didn't believe it till I had my system fully apart and it was writing...and I got excited....and then eventually touched the ground wire....and it stop....and then I eventually figured out what made it stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    After doing some more homework on the ps3 nand and the xD cards, it seems your most likely right. That it's not gonna work. But not because of currents, but because of timings, pages sizes ect.

i hooked up a xD socket to my infectus and checked the nand ID's of the xD cards i have at work, and looked into the meaning of the values. The nand ID for a 128MB xD card is gonna be something like 9879, where the first byte (98) is the Marker Code and the second byte (79) is the Device code - which correlates to the size of the nand's flash. 79h is for a 128MB xD card. Luckily I can look up the confidential/proprietary xD specs at work, being the tech in the usb/flash card dept.

if the ps3 looks for the nand ID of ECF1, I guess it's just not gonna happen regardless of timings, page sizes, ect. oh well, anyone wanna buy 4 x 128MB xD cards that i have coming? lol
    If you want we can chat over an IM or IRC if it helps any. BTW You won't be damaging the original NAND's...I don't thinks its possible. So having a backup hardware is almost useless...Its the firmware you need to worry about.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    Ground just protects from extreme electrical charges/discharges. It carries no "mechanical" importance other than that. It does how ever cause inference when to objects aren't 100% on the same ground.

Removing the "neutral" ground just simply removes the interference. I didn't believe it till I had my system fully apart and it was writing...and I got excited....and then eventually touched the ground wire....and it stop....and then I eventually figured out what made it stop.
    Sorry to go off topic, but i wonder if this has anything related to the issues with getting a full dump of the wii's nand.I also have a US ps3 so if you need someone to test out ideas/theorys with ya, let me know.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News