Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I did have my infectus plug up to an A/C 5v adapter on my last PS3 but it did no good. It might work for you though...worth a try.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hello guys !!! We have try to put infectus on my ps3 and it's a success !!!!

Since we have discover (thanks to you hacked2123) that the GND on Infectus can unsettle the flashing/dumping of the NANDs, we have repair my ps3....i have now the dump of my 1.5 FW, and now my ps3 is up to date and with the 1.93FW. I can downgrade my ps3 with my 1.5FW when i want !!!!

Hacked2123 : How many time to flash the NANDs of your ps3 ? We need 45min for each NANDs to flash/verify ? Is that the same for you ?

So INFECTUS Powaaaaa !!!!!

ThX Hacked2123 for the work you do on ps3 !!!

d!K

Sponsored Links

Big Grin

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp0h View Post
    How many time to flash the NANDs of your ps3 ? We need 45min for each NANDs to flash/verify ? Is that the same for you ?
    -yep

If you can catch me on IRC...I can use another user with an Infectus

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    If you can catch me on IRC...I can use another user with an Infectus
    Hi Hacked2123 !!! So good to have a functional PS3 !!! With INFECTUS Inside !!!

IRC Problem for me : #ps3news unable to join channel (address is banned)
    I can't connect to IRC for the moment...

Maybe one day we'll be able to flash NANDs in a minute....

SeeYa

d!K

Lightbulb

Until you can post your IRC nick/hostmask/IP here so we can remove the channel bot ban, you can also message hacked2123 on EFNet privately without being in the channel using: /msg hacked2123 yourmessage

Quote Originally Posted by dkp0h View Post
    Hi Hacked2123 !!! So good to have a functional PS3 !!! With INFECTUS Inside !!!

IRC Problem for me : #ps3news unable to join channel (address is banned)
    I can't connect to IRC for the moment...

Maybe one day we'll be able to flash NANDs in a minute....

SeeYa

d!K
    Well if you can PLEASE make a dump of 1.82....I need to understand what is missing in my flashes cause right now my BDMV's and more importantly my PS3 update won't work. Either do the /message thing or guess where to email me at to contact me. I'll reply if you get it right. Please if do me this favor.
    Hacked2123

(also if you can do the dump with the video cable attached...that should strangely enough remove all the bad pages)
    Last edited by hacked2123; 10-12-2007 at 12:24 AM

I got my Infectus the other day and have just been doing some homework on nand flashes, ect. I'm kinda worried about using the Infectus, erasing, and writing particularly; because i read that during erases and writes of nands, that bad blocks could turn up and are pretty much something common to nand flashes... and the Infectus software doesn't take any of that into account when it tries to write data. So if you should happen to get a bad block during an erase, the Infectus software just tries to blindly write it back, resulting in write errors most likely.

Is that what happened to your first ps3 Hacked2123?

I also was playing around with some compact flash cards at work today (some blown out ones), took it apart to find a nand flash w/ a compact flash controller chip. That kinda led to to find out that xD cards are just a nand flash (either samsung or tobisha: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XD-Picture_Card), and nothing more inside.. and that you could replace a tsop nand flash with a xD card.

So I been wondering if i bought a few 128MB xD cards, and got some xD socket/connectors, removed the ps3 nands (after dumping them) and used xD cards w/ sockets in-place if it would work fine? In theory it sounds like it should. If this worked, then you could have a few backup nands, that you could easily replace.. so there would be no worries to erasing and writing, as long as you had some spare xD's.

Any ideas if this would work?

Wink

Theoretically the xD cards would work...but it would have to be uber rigged...with hardware controllers (atleast that is my understanding) The NAND chips require certain electrical currents to certain pins in order to read/write...and the PS3 is designed for that particular samsung chip...and we can't change that (yet?)... The NAND chips can be removed and replaced...assuming that you have good dumps of the file....(and a place to find that chip...they are sold on retail)...

THERE IS NO WAY TO RECOVER THUS FAR A SYSTEM WITH FAULTY FIRMWARE (W/O a prior dump)

If you follow my instructions...and be extra careful making plenty of backups of each...and securing the wires properly you should have no troubles...Worse case scenario though...you have to spend the $399 to get the 40GB.

As for the bad map/bad pages....there are currently no bad pages in my backup == bad thing...but my system still works, so don't let it worry you...too much.

Have fun

After doing some more homework on the ps3 nand and the xD cards, it seems your most likely right. That it's not gonna work. But not because of currents, but because of timings, pages sizes ect.

i hooked up a xD socket to my infectus and checked the nand ID's of the xD cards i have at work, and looked into the meaning of the values. The nand ID for a 128MB xD card is gonna be something like 9879, where the first byte (98) is the Marker Code and the second byte (79) is the Device code - which correlates to the size of the nand's flash. 79h is for a 128MB xD card. Luckily I can look up the confidential/proprietary xD specs at work, being the tech in the usb/flash card dept.

if the ps3 looks for the nand ID of ECF1, I guess it's just not gonna happen regardless of timings, page sizes, ect. oh well, anyone wanna buy 4 x 128MB xD cards that i have coming? lol

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    The complete Guide to Installing the Infectus and using properly:
    1. Install the Infectus Chip using the PAL Pinout/Soldering Map, whether or not the NAND is 0 or 1 is irrellevant (BUT the top is 0)
    2. DO NOT SOLDER THE GROUND WIRE or 5V!
    3. DISCONNECT THE GROUND WIRE ON YOUR PS3 AND MAKE SURE IT CAN'T RE-GROUND (Wrap it in electrical tape or shrink wrap)
    4. Use the Infectus Programmer 0.0.3.4, it is more flexible than the D,E,F,H variants
    5. Make sure all devices are disconnected (ethernet, video cable, audio cable, USB)
    Can you explain a little more in detail why you say not to ground or connect the 5v on the infectus and to disconnect the ground on the ps3?How can the infectus read the nands with no power or ground. Also if you disconnect the ps3's ground how can it even power on? Am i misunderstanding what your saying?

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News