Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] ps3 firmware 3.5 phat help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello everybody. My 3.50 Phat BC ps3 died today, its drive went out for the 3rd time. I went out and bought a 160GB Slim with firmware 3.40 on it. I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there anything that can be done on a JB'd slim to modify my phat 3.50?

2. Is there a BETTER fix to the phat PS3's dead laser than replacing it with another drive? I KNOW that any drive made by Sony will die, I wanted to know if there was a better replacement lens/diode/trick that would bring the drive back to life if possible.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    A replacement lens/diode should last you the rest of the consoles suitable life, definitely a worthy purchase.

Its pretty unbelievable you've been through 3.

And no a JB system won't help, but maybe with the supposed 3.42/3.50 jb patches you'll be in luck.
    Last edited by hacked2123; 11-07-2010 at 05:07 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've gone through 3 ps3 drives already, I don't plan to go through any more. I can SEE the purple laser when i put in the blu ray, its just too stupid to use it? The laser is WORKING, but the PS3 isn't recognizing?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you see the purple laser and it's strong then the laser isn't dead. It's probably dust or a loose cable. Does the disc spin at all? Can other types of media be read (I.E. CD or DVD rather than blu-ray)

Checked all cables, everything seems intact.

Ah. Yep. Unless it's dust somewhere, that is one tired laser. Only a matter of time though until some kind of exploit is found for the 3.5 firms. Good luck.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News