Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 firmware 2.41 and ps3proxy

Sponsored Links
    Hi,
    I just bought a new ps3 yesterday. I heard we can download demos on PC and install them on ps3 using ps3proxy. Now, i found out the guides on how to do that, but noticed that this didnt work with some firmwares. Now i have firmware 2.41 (got installed from motorstorm2 game), and wanted to know if this will work with ps3proxy or not. Also i was wondering, if i installed all the demos i want before going online(and thus getting my firmware upgraded automatically), will these installed demos work after installing the lates firmware as well or do i need to reinstall them?

Finally, why cant i just install these demos (pkg files) using a pen drive or write them on dvd or something?

Thanks!!

Regards,
    Angad
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

Quote Originally Posted by angad View Post
    Now i have firmware 2.41 (got installed from motorstorm2 game), and wanted to know if this will work with ps3proxy or not.
    Sadly, no. PS3 Proxy stopped working on 2.40 iirc... it will allow you to download the demos on 2.41, but they will error on installation.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Now i have firmware 2.41 (got installed from motorstorm2 game), and wanted to know if this will work with ps3proxy or not.
    Sadly, no. PS3 Proxy stopped working on 2.40 iirc... it will allow you to download the demos on 2.41, but they will error on installation.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for replying to the query :-). Is there any work around for this. i.e. is there any way I can install the demos downloaded on PC??? Can I roll back to the original firmware version??

Thanks!

Is there any work around for this. i.e. is there any way I can install the demos downloaded on PC??? Can I roll back to the original firmware version??

Thanks!
    You could try replacing the link with proxy for a game patch, not sure if it will work though.
    If anything it is still worth a try.

But no way for you to "roll back" your firmware maybe some day

Hey,

Thanks for all the replies. I read a post (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...1c-100669.html) where 'tubbies' got the ps3proxy trick working on V2.42. Can someone please confirm if it still works?

I just checked, my ps3 firmware version is also 2.42. Couls someone please help me here...:-(.

Also, why am i not able to download the ps3proxy software from http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downlo...file&id=3673?? It says i do not have permission to download files.

Thanks!!

Regards,
    Angy

Arrow

He was downloading them with 2.42, which you can do fine in all PS3 Firmware versions. However, transferring them is of no use since they give an error in installing them on 2.4+ Firmware.

Until you move out of the Newbie class, you cannot download from our site. This is explained in the Notice you should have seen at the top of your page when logging in, however, if you missed it check here for the details:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/pc-gen...es-102310.html

In short, until you make (2) approved Quality Posts and get moved to Registered User from Newbie you will not be able to download.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    He was downloading them with 2.42, which you can do fine in all PS3 Firmware versions. However, transferring them is of no use since they give an error in installing them on 2.4+ Firmware.

Until you move out of the Newbie class, you cannot download from our site. This is explained in the Notice you should have seen at the top of your page when logging in, however, if you missed it check here for the details:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/pc-gen...es-102310.html

In short, until you make (2) approved Quality Posts and get moved to Registered User from Newbie you will not be able to download.
    Oki!! Thanks :-).

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News