Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] PS3 file successful decryption help?

Sponsored Links
    I am playing around with some .self files (spp_verifier.self from 3.60 mostly) and comparing it to the same file in 3.55, the two files are the same original size.

When changing a small chunk of the file in 3.60 and running unself against it the file appears to successful decrypt and leaves a .elf file behind that is the same size as the 3.55 file after decrypting.

Problem is there isn't any plain text when opening the file in a hex editor so how do you know if the unself was successful, just because the SCE header is gone?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If there is no plain text then your attempt to decrypt the file has failed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So what your saying is the "unself" function isn't working correctly? Try running it on the same file as me and see if your file has plain text.

I have decrypted lots of files previously and not all result in plain text, but the SCE header is removed so I don't completely understand i guess.

every other change i make results in header_failed or crashes and leaves behind a crash dump.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News