Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 FAT32 Limit?

Sponsored Links
    This Might be a strange question but since the fat32 format can only upload 4gb then whats the point of connecting an external hdd

Also i have a seagate 500 gb external hdd with only 30% of free space . So if i want to connect it to my ps3 will i have to format it ?

If not then how do i convert it without formatting it ?
    Best Answer - Posted by triple7:

The 4 GB limit of FAT32 means that no single file can exceed that size. It has nothing to do with the size of the drive/partition itself.

To convert from NTFS to FAT32 without formatting the drive you could use a disk utility such as Partition Magic however this process is not totally safe and could result in data loss if you are unlucky.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The 4 GB limit of FAT32 means that no single file can exceed that size. It has nothing to do with the size of the drive/partition itself.

To convert from NTFS to FAT32 without formatting the drive you could use a disk utility such as Partition Magic however this process is not totally safe and could result in data loss if you are unlucky.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok then ... So i guess i'll just have to get a new hdd ...

Another question . If The Limit on one file i 4 gb then is it possible to load dvd backups and ps3 isos on it ?

Arrow

There is no public way to run unsigned code yet on retail PS3 consoles so that leaves any "iSO" loaders out until a hole is found.

As mentioned in our Site News though, CJPC is currently able to run PS3 back-ups on his TEST PS3 console, but not as iSO files yet... only the extracted game files (similar to the way PSP back-ups used to be ran before there was a PSP "ISO" loader). I guess my point is this is why the "single file size limitation" isn't an issue.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News