Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what I want to hear is if the bluetooth is working properly, if you can sync controllers and bd accessories just fine, I doubt that the wireless card is broken. Check the internal antenna on PS3, also check the router settings, some users leaves the 2.4ghz band disabled and stick with 5ghz one.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Bluetooth works fine, my controller hasn't disconnected ever. But if it's a problem with a router's configuration, why does the ps3's wi-fi light indicator shut off completely? It doesn't let me scan for access points or use wi-fi at all. If it was a router problem/setting, the wi-fi light should still go on when I scan for access points.

hmm.. - avforums.com/forums/ps3/1371077-network-probs-old-fat-ps3.html

"Its definitely a problem with the wireless module in the PS3. It works perfectly for 5 mins then dies...the green network light goes out too.

It is probably a dying capacitor."
    Last edited by idulkoan; 10-19-2013 at 06:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i hope you also read the part that he also a problem on wired connection with same problem. you can try swapping the wifi/blutooth module but im sure you will be wasting money for trying that, unless you are willing to spend some money on a router related problems.

swapped

I have just swapped the wireless board. I didn't see any damages on the board, but there was some dust collecting. I am going to test the wireless for around a week before deciding whether swapping fixed my problem

We were having router problems before, but then we upgraded to wireless N and havnt had any problems with any devices ever since. I always get full bars of signal too

Swapping the wireless boards was free, because I have a spare ps3 that is broken and can be used for parts

Also, if it was a router problem, why does the wifi stop working when i tether it to my laptop?
    Last edited by idulkoan; 10-23-2013 at 11:15 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you read this post: avforums.com/forums/playstation-network/702087-netgear-dg834gt-signing-out-playstation-network-8002ad23.html#post6377558

I have a sky router, and it is on its latest firmware.

I think swapping the wireless board fixed my problem, because I have played for a few hours yesterday and today and haven't gotten the problem once yet.

haha nevermind.. worked for hours without problems yesterday. Turned it on today and after 10 minutes it did it again.. strange.

Well i hope it is the router, but I am doubting it because if it was having connectivity problems with the router, it should still be able to scan for other access points which it fails to do.
    Last edited by idulkoan; 10-25-2013 at 08:37 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

strange

this problem is really strange.. so far it only showed the problem once, and that was within 10 minutes of using it. After rebooting, it has been working for hours.. hmm

i had a similar problem years ago and it was caused by faulty microfilters on the phone line.
    Last edited by Natepig; 10-26-2013 at 10:25 AM

whenever the phone would ring, I would get signed out of playstation network, then the ethernet is not connected message would appear.

In any case I would think its more of an home network issue your having, on account of the ethernet and wireless playing up.

alright thanks for the replys/info

it didn't happen today at all, even though I used the ps3 a lot

If this becomes a big problem, I will look into it more

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News