Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Pfffuuuu you get this from normal official update ? And you don't have used any cfw before ? Uhmmm... do you have used the full update or the patch? And your console is on 4.0 ? Why then he tells you that you can use 3.56 or later ? Thats not possible you can't use a older fw to install this would be a downgrade and sony don't allow a official downgrade.

Give us some basic information: Model of ps3, installed fw, what you have done at last, have you used any hb or cfw before ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yeah i know you have already replayed on the thread i tried 3.70 update its still the same problem when i go to the recovery menu and when i choose the options 6 its says please insert the storage media that contains updates of 3.56 or later

when i insert the storage media in the ps3 and its says press the select and start buttons at the same time to update. when i press the start and select buttons its take me to the checking please wait and the checking please wait its take so long like 40 min.. and after 40 min i'm getting another error message here:

No applicable update data was found. connect storage media that contains update data of version 3.56 or later and then press the start and select buttons at the same times but i already its keeps give me this message
    Last edited by superkar38; 01-01-2012 at 02:59 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So your ps3 is on 3.56. What have you done at last and why you want to use the recovery menu ? Is your fw screwed ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    because my ps3 it dosen't work last time i update my ps3 to 3.70 and i turn of the ps3 off and its start this happening and now i'm trying to do it in the recovery menu that you said ok when i'm in the recovery menu when i want to reinstall the update on options 6 i'm getting error message.

its just says checking please wait and nothing its happened after 40min its says this message No applicable update connect storage media but i already put the update in storage media and i connect the storage media to the ps3 nothing it didn't help me so plz tell me what do i have to do thanks

You have installed 3.70 and the console is requesting 3.56 ? There is something totally screwed up. As i told you you can't use a lower fw version to install even via recovery menu.

Look this message:

please insert the storage media that contains updates of 3.56 or later
    indicates that your ps3 thinks your minimal installed version is 3.56. If you have installed successful the fw 3.70 then this means your in big troubles and this isn't a easy to do fix. Have you turned of the console during the 3.70 update or has it finished and then rebooted ?

hello again, yes i turn off the update during the ps3 updates i was updating my ps3 to 3.73 and i turned my ps3 off now i have this problem. i'm trying to reinstall the ps3 update again on recovery menu but i have a problems so can you tell me what do i have to do?

last time i opened the consoles to see if my ps3 has a nor flash but i close it back the console last time i screwed up the consoles to see if my ps3 have nor flash to downgrade my ps3 with the e3 flasher because i have a e3 flasher i haven't installed it yet so i screwed up my ps3 last time
    Last edited by superkar38; 01-01-2012 at 04:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok that's bad. You need to use a hardware flasher and install the ps3's fw again. It's the same process of a downgrade. Now you can hope that your ps3 will have a NOR flash and double check which model version your ps3 have. Is it a new or a old one ? Cause if your ps3 hase the new metldr_v2 you maybe out of luck. I can't say if you can flash the same fw with metldr_v2 but downgrading for sure doesn't work

superkar38 does have the E3 flasher, so can that be used to re-install another FW again (like 3.55)?

On normal way yes cause a flasher is made for that writing/reading flash chip's. But if he hase the metldr_v2 im not sure if even flashing the same fw back will work.

And if it doesn't work we could analyze the dump and see if it maybe can be fixed with replacing the screwed code with a good one like the waninkoko brick fix. So first always do a dump !!!
    Last edited by cfwprophet; 01-01-2012 at 06:47 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i havent install my e3 flasher on to my console yet i just was doing offical update in the ps3 to 3.73 before i install the e3 flasher on to my ps3 consoles i was updating my ps3 to 3.73 and i turn the ps3 off and now every time when i enter the recovery menu in to my ps3 and when i want to reinstall the options 6.

when i want to reinstall the ps3 updates i press the options 6 in the recovery menu and after that its says please insert the media storage that contains 3.56 or later firmware ok i download the 3.73 update again to update my ps3 to 3.73

when i want to update on recovery menu options 6 in options 6 when i insert the media storage its take me to the checking please wait and its take 40min just says checking please wait and after checking please wait its gives me message its says this message.

No applicable update data was found. connect storage media that contains update data of version 3.56 or later and then press the start and select buttons at the same times.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News