Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 FAT Horizontal VS Vertical help?

Sponsored Links
    I've always used my PS3 in horizontal mode, and when I've tested the temps in MultiMan, vertical mode had the exact same temps for CPU/GPU.

My question is that, besides the CPU/GPU temp can there be any difference which can't be measured this way, but may be important?

Also, which way does the PS3 has better airflow? My main concern is that I don't want to get YLOD as long as possible, so if someone can help which way is better (if there's ANY difference) it'd be nice

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I recommend not using the stand.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I actually saw an article on this topic earlier. Horizontal was recommended. The person actually did thermal imaging of the PS3 in use and found that overall horizontal was cooler.

what is the difference?

Fat models are only one who are capable making PS3 in vertical position without extra support (like stand in slim models)

but yeah, if its case to case scenearion, when in horizontal position the console is very secured since it has its all weight position 4 feet, rather than 2 feet. Also In vertical position, you are blocking the extra vent holes there (which is a intake vent holes).

Therefore, horizontal position is more preferred.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News