Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Fat HDD Corrupted help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys is there anyway to fix this.. Try holding the power button till 2 beeps when i get in still the same error.Try reformating the HDD using my pc and put it back same issue.Try using a ps3 slim on it the data is different so cannot boot up.

My PC are able to detect the hdd and i can still use the hdd on the pc.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

No, it's a specialized device. Order one and then check out this thread for the downgrade instructions: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...le-116965.html

Note: If your PS3 is on 3.56+ and you try to enter factory service mode, you will get stuck there and have to send your unit to Sony for repair.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try going into the Recovery Menu:

1. With the system in standby mode. Press and hold the power button down until the system turns on and then off again. Release the power button.
    2. After about 1 - 2 seconds press and hold the power button again, until you hear 2 consecutive beeps. Release the power button. During this step you will actually hear three beeps. There will be one single beep then a short delay followed by 2 consecutive beeps. Only release the power button after you hear the 2 consecutive beeps.

At this point the PS3 Recovery Menu will be shown on the screen.

Try to restore the HD or reflash your current firmware version.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hi, thanks for the reply. I try that for a lot of time but still unable to get to the system recovery. but i'm currently having hdd is correct instead of corrupted. try diff hdd still the same problem.

sorry it should be correct hdd not found.
    Last edited by sefinal; 06-08-2011 at 07:16 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Try again, following the directions exactly. I don't think you are doing it correctly. Once you get it into Recovery Mode it will work fine.

sorry mind if i ask what is standby mode? how do i access it?

Its when the PS3 is off but plugged in, it has a red light near the power button. Simply turn your PS3 off, then it's in standby mode.

Make sure to pay close attention to step 2. You must wait for the 2 fast beeps before you release the power button. Do not let it go until you hear that.

What firmware are you on? As its likely that your ps3 is corrupt and unable to access the drive and the only way to fix this is send back, or jailbreak and re flash the same firmware.

This is a very old fault and has been fixed twice over the years with quick patches from Sony as and when it happens, but this time with yourself and many others including myself can only be fixed with a downgrade card, because you have to re flash without the drive fitted, then after it will format the drive again as normal.

I have fixed 3 this way and twice on the same unit. There may also be other ways. but this works every time. Unless your on 3.56 that is.

So don't waste your time with the drive its not that, get a E3 card reader.

good luck.

I'm not really sure what firmware. my friend gave it to me since it hdd is not working.

how can i get the e3 card? can i make it myself with a thumbdrive?

No, it's a specialized device. Order one and then check out this thread for the downgrade instructions: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...le-116965.html

Note: If your PS3 is on 3.56+ and you try to enter factory service mode, you will get stuck there and have to send your unit to Sony for repair.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News