M8 it's Very important you DON'T listen to them as they passing ONE BIG STEP after you install 3.55 , install 3.55CFW can be any CFW my choice is rebug 3.55.4 instal QA flag enabler and enable QA flag it will allow you for option like debug update meaning you can istall any FW on your HDD and just jump between FW without any downgrader or downgrader package , and this flag gives you much more just search QA flag
After installing 3.55cfw and enabling QA choice is yours any CFW I would recommend Rebug or Rogero make sure you have correct multiman for correct FW , and REMEMBER to ALWAYS BUT ALWAYS check if corespondent provided check sum is correct to FW you are installing so you wont be stuck on OFW because of some uploader.
Last edited by misiozol; 10-07-2013 at 06:03 AMReason: Automerged Doublepost
To be honest its safe to install CFW on any OFW below or equal to 3.55 (take note OFW, having a OFW installed on PS3 means that the syscon is properly hashed, going to 3.55 OFW is recommended only for those who already downgraded their PS3 via flasher due to maybe their syscon hash version is not dehashed).
If you still had a fresh 1.02 firmware version and want to jailbreak it, you can just jump to any CFW without any problems.
1. OFW 3.55
2. CFW 3.55
3. Enable QA flag and check if it is enabled and delete enabler so u don't disable by mistake
4. Dump EID key with eid key dumper it will help decrypt ps3 HDD in case of ps3 death so data can be retrieved ,and transfer it to external usb drive
5. Check if check sum is correct on downloaded update package and Install CFW of your choice rogero , rebug etc. 4.46
6. Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc.
7. Enjoy of PS3 without limits