Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 FAT 60gb 3.15 ofw help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, fat 60 gb on ofw 3.15, what i get is : go to 3.55 ofw then use kmeaw 3.55

What i need to ask is about rogero and other cfw i see around, i should go for kmeaw since there's no way to brick or there's other things i should do ?

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This will help you out http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...lp-128223.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have installed all different kinds of cfw on my ps3. They are all great. As for the moment I use rogero 4.46 cobra that is a very good one. I would invest in a hardware flasher just in case.

Nand I recommend progskeet and nand e3. I used the clips on my console as long as they are push down properly there are no problem.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i don't think you need to use kmeaw, most (if not all) cfw's will install over 3.55 ofw, just check the changelog before downloading

also... make sure you QA flag the console before upgrading it

He can't install Toggle_qa without Kmeaw, is why its suggested to install after 3.55 OFW

Then install a CFW of your choice. But read up on each one, and what they offer.

Did my 1st step lol im on ofw 3.55 now, now i just need to know :

1) from original fw to any fo the the custom out there i dont need qa enable (wtf is qa?) and it's still safe upgrade ?
    2) for not resign eboots i'll go for rebug or rogero ?
    3) cex dex rex oh dear need to read a lot... what's the easier brick proof (and dumb proof) cfw to install on a fat one ?

thanks!

bro im planning to jailbreak my nor ps3 for the main purpose of playing dl games, and modding cod ghost, you thing rogero is cfw to go to or if there's a universal cfw that can handle my purpose? thanks

1. OFW 3.55
    2. CFW 3.55 kmeaw
    3. Enable QA flag and check if it is enabled and delete enabler so you don't disable by mistake
    4. Dump EID key with eid key dumper it will help decrypt ps3 HDD in case of ps3 death so data can be retrieved, and transfer it to external usb drive
    5. Check if check sum is correct on downloaded update package and Install CFW of your choice rogero, rebug etc. 4.46
    6. Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc.

no.3 Is quite obvious use toggle_qa.pkg use key combo navigate to Network settings and press L1, L2, L3, R1, R2, and down on the d-pad.

go to debug settings and find SYSTEM DEBUG UPDATE switch to ON , simple will allow you to use option of installing FW to HDD and u can have couple of them no need for usb next time very useful to jump between CFW or 3.55 and any other

no.4, Download eEID_RKDumper.pkg , install it , then run it console will dump eid key to hdd in dev_hdd0/tmp/ it will be file 48b in size named eid_root_key use file manager like multiman and copy it to external hdd/flashdrive. It's important to do it while on 3.55cfw as it only works on 3.55 and that's it , In case your console will die you will be able to decrypt HDD and recover ALL DATA

And format usb drive in fat32, CFW check check sum with external program on your PC like MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility.exe if they are matching !!

I would not go yet to any CFW4.50 as they are bit WIP , but 4.46 is perfect I would recommend rogero 4.46 or rebug 4.46.1 REX
    Last edited by misiozol; 12-11-2013 at 05:42 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So does this still hold true?? I have a new 60GB fat on OFW3.15 thats been in the box since 2009/2010, now that my slim quit reading bd game disc's. Is it possible to use the Rogero 4.50 CFW_1.01 after check sum check of properly formated usb over the OFW3.15 without brickin the PS3fat?

Yes it's accurate , but i would go to rebug 4.46.1 rex or rogero hybrid 4.46

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News