Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by northernpimp
    hahhah bug hardware = easiest to haxor
    eaisest to DRE also lmao

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    found it

"GamesRadar.com reported, "Sony has today cleared up the confusion over the differences in specification between the two models of PlayStation 3 - and the cheaper version won't support wireless controllers...instead, gamers will have to make do with retro-style wired-up versions of the increasingly controversial PS3 pad."

It also claimed that the hard drive is not replacable.

However, if you read the Sony Press Release, it states that both versions of the console will ship with a "Wireless Controller (Bluetooth)". Also, in a number of interviews, Phil Harrison has confirmed that hard drive can be changed at any time.

GamesRadar's report is totally false. Have a look at our PlayStation 3 specification for a breakdown of what's included in each package."

blue tooth and replacable HDD on 500 pack

20GB PlayStation 3 will be upgradeable, says Sony

Ive also found this related article as well.
    From [Register or Login to view links]

Sony has dismissed rumours that the 20GB PS3 will not be compatible with wireless controllers, and that consumers will not have the option to upgrade the hard drive.

"Both queries to my knowledge are completely false," a spokesperson told GI.biz.

"Both configurations will support bluetooth PS3 controllers. The only non-upgradeable feature of the 20GB configuration will be the HDMI output."

This confirms comments made by Sony's Phil Harrison in a recent interview with GI.biz, where he stated: "You can upgrade to whatever size of drive you like. You can put in any drive that you like - it is a computer, after all."

The spokesperson went on to reveal that Sony plans to release a Wi-Fi adaptor for the 20GB PlayStation 3. Consumers will also have the option to purchase a separate adaptor that will allow the use of memory sticks, SD cards and compact flash cards with the machine.

so could we try to recap all the big differences between the two packages I'm honestly not seeing much except for the size of the HDD and HDMI, all the rest is upgradable... right?

From a different perspective... I am a 34 year old gamer and have plenty of people my age who were looking forward to a PS3. Since my age group would have the $600 for this unit I thought I was very dissapointed with the price point. To get the most out of the PS3 you need HD. Alot of the HDTVs not come with their own problems (light bulb replacements, high cost) Now add in $59 a game and $34 for a movie. This becomes a very, very expensive toy.

I could have lived without the blue ray myself if it would have gotten me the PS3 at $399.

Quote Originally Posted by JHFerry
    From a different perspective... I am a 34 year old gamer and have plenty of people my age who were looking forward to a PS3. Since my age group would have the $600 for this unit I thought I was very dissapointed with the price point. To get the most out of the PS3 you need HD. Alot of the HDTVs not come with their own problems (light bulb replacements, high cost) Now add in $59 a game and $34 for a movie. This becomes a very, very expensive toy.

I could have lived without the blue ray myself if it would have gotten me the PS3 at $399.

Technically no you couldnt, as PS3 games are on Blu-Ray disks.

I think what he meant was, that he wished they hadn't switched over to blu-ray, this made the price jump from what would be 400 to 600... unless I just completely missed that?:??

Your probably correct WHITESHIRTKYD. But more space means less chance of dual disk games and more space for content.

oh obviously I 100% agree, I love the idea of blu-ray and always have, games called for it... less compression for higher quality, much larger evironments, more stuff going on in the background, like small stuff that could just make it that much better.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News