Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] PS3 External Hdd Question help?

Sponsored Links
    I am trying to find out if there is anyway to split a game file that is larger that 4gb, transfer it to my external hdd and than put the split file back together on the external hdd so I can play the game from there? Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    With Multiman BackUp Manager it is possible to transfer split files from your external drive, over to your internal.It will put the split files back together automatically to rebuild the big file,thus making you able to play your game again.

You can also do this with some file managers...But with myself using multiman and knowing it works good, I would recommend this to you. :-)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I have had the same problem but now I have a solution.

Download PS3 splitter from the download section, Run the game through PS3 splitter splitting all large files, (open ps3 splitter go to options select wheree you want split files to go, then execute, navigate to game and let it do it's thing.

Copy game to external hdd, Then copy game to internal this puts game back together, Delete from ext hdd, copy from int to ext hdd, Play your game.

Hope this is helpful.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    that isn't helpful because it doesn't work.

The games are split for a reason. split games won't play. a hard drive formatted to fat32 wont accept any files larger than 4GB. To play any and all games with files larger than 4GB they must be copied to the internal drive. This has been asked dozens of times and is well covered, use the search function.

Yeah. They SHOULD be copied to the internal drive to play. The splitter was created so you could transfer the game to your external HDD, and when you wanted you could re-combine it and transfer it to internal.

think you will find if you read the reply i left it was indeed helpful and correct the game is on the int hdd when finished so he can play the game and is on ext hdd for storage.Deleting the game from the ext hdd is to save any errors with the splits and is the method i use.

I know you are a senior member but read all of the post first.

Sorry for my ignorance, but I didn't get this statement: "Delete from ext hdd, copy from int to ext hdd, Play your game"

You seem to be confused yourself. Just because he's a Senior Member and you a Newbie doesn't make any of your statements wrong and his statements right. You just gave the wrong answer and he pointed it out.

you delete the game that you have split as sometimes it will show as a game that will play from the ext hdd regardless of size and copy it back from the full game happened to me, just thought it would be helpful.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News