Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 external HDD problem help?

Sponsored Links
    i had external HDD of 120GB, it was NTFS format i converted it into FAT32. when i attach it into my ps3. it don't read my external HDD... i don't know why..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    How did you format the drive to fat32? windows wont format it properly. use this to correctly format the drive. Its a few posts down posted by oversoldier.

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-he...lp-116192.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i used Aomei NTFS to FAT32 Converter 1.5...

Don't try to convert it. Backup the drive, delete the partitions and use a tool like SwissKnife to format it FAT32.

theshrromster : i have partition on my HDD. do we have to remove that partition before formatting it to fat32? if so how to remove partition??

severusx : swissknife dont work on windows7...

you don't have to remove the partition. i'm guessing you dont have any games on the drive? if so back them up to PC first so you won't lose them. then format using the utility i posted before, the ps3 will see the FAT32 partition and the newest Multiman can see the NTFS side. you just can't put games on the NTFS section. My external HDD has 2 partitions on it, one for my Wii games and the other for my PS3 stuff.

thnx bro.. i formatted my HDD to fat32 from the utlity you gave and now my ps3 is reading it... thanks for your help !!!

No problem glad to help..

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News