Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] ps3 explanations

Sponsored Links
    ok so if your like me and don't know much about whats happening in the dev side and want more explanations then maybe heres a post that will help you or at least i hope since im not the one you will explain but an expert in the scene

ok so here's my two questions that really bug me even tho i googled it a lot

1. Flow Rebuilder 3.21 what does it do, i know it unscrambles dumps but what for? a clear explanation on what it could lead to in the future would be greatly appreciated

2. PS3 ELF/SELF/PRX/SPRX PPU Loader v1.1 i have absolutely know idea what are elf self prx sprx and ppu are and someone that could explain to me what this loader does and what it could do in the future would also be greatly appreciated

finally if my clueless newbie ideas take place i would be thinking that the flow rebuilder decrypts and the loader loads the uncrypted to maybe play backups ? probably not because i think that it would be every where already.

so please reply to clarify things thank you

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by xxLindenxx View Post
    ok so if your like me and don't know much about whats happening in the dev side and want more explanations then maybe heres a post that will help you or at least i hope since im not the one you will explain but an expert in the scene

ok so here's my two questions that really bug me even tho i googled it a lot

1. Flow Rebuilder 3.21 what does it do, i know it unscrambles dumps but what for? a clear explanation on what it could lead to in the future would be greatly appreciated

2. PS3 ELF/SELF/PRX/SPRX PPU Loader v1.1 i have absolutely know idea what are elf self prx sprx and ppu are and someone that could explain to me what this loader does and what it could do in the future would also be greatly appreciated

finally if my clueless newbie ideas take place i would be thinking that the flow rebuilder decrypts and the loader loads the uncrypted to maybe play backups ? probably not because i think that it would be every where already.

so please reply to clarify things thank you
    A quick and simple explanation:

The PS3 Loader 1.1 is a plugin for IDA. IDA is a popular disassembler, which breaks down executables down to the machine code. This plugin recognizes code sections, and then identifies them as functions, among other things.

The Flow Rebuilder is a tool used by the PS3News DEV's that lets us reconstitute the PS3's flash dumps, which are separated across 2 chips, and stored "backwards". Think about it like shuffling two decks of cards, a red deck, and a blue, both upside down. When your done, it will be a nice deck that makes sense, but when you start it may be all over. It then lets us analyze certain files inside said dumps.

Basically, these tools in their current state have 0 to do with backups. The rebuilder works at the PS3's firmware, and the IDA plugin helps the DEV's examine already decrypted files!

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News