Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [Answered] PS3 error code 80010514

Sponsored Links
    i came across a ps3 that keeps giving me the 80010514 error, i did some research and found this :PS3 Error 80010514 Explained
    Gamerevolver.com recently had an interesting article regarding the dreaded 80010514 error. I hope many of my loyal visitors never have to encounter it. Their is a known issue with the PS3, simply known as error 800010514 which doesn’t happen often but when it does, it’s darn right nasty.

The error in question is mainly seen within the first month of use, or to put it bluntly, it has the error right out of the box, however, we have seen this occur at almost a year into service as well.

“An error occurred during the start operation. 80010514″

Gamerevolver.com recently ran into the the dreaded 80010514 error shortly after installing a new game they had purchased off the PlayStation Store and decided to document it. Here is what the have to say…

Since this error occurred, we obviously contacted Sony Support. We were informed that the code is not common, and a simple reset of the system, and restoral of factory settings should do the trick. Unfortunately, after the restoral, the error still occurred.

The error code is actually one of two things, a) a faulty sector on the internal hard drive, or b) a faulty installation of software/firmware, both iterations actually coincide with eachother. If the hard drive suffers a faulty sector ( a section of damaged space on the drive that data may have been written to that no longer is readable), an installation may still be processed, and even work, but the error can cause some serious side effects, such as option b. If your PS3 has installed an item incorrectly, including firmware, it is in high risk of receiving this error.

Basically, what is occuring is the corruption of game disc recognition and execution. If you will notice, in 90% of all cases, the drive will still play DVD and even Blu Ray movies with no problems. When trying to start a game however, the title, sooner or later, will receive the error.

1) Ensure that your internet connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, make sure your signal is at least a solid 80%. If not, make the proper adjustments until it is.

2) Dust your machine regularly. Any PS3 owner will tell you that the Playstation 3 is a dust magnet. Just run a dry cloth over it every couple days, and you should be fine. This will help prevent heat issues and shorts that may occur.

3) When installing firmware and/or software, make sure you follow the instructions. Even if you have installed 6 versions prior, each one is different, and may require additional steps. Save yourself the headache and just follow them, it only takes a minute or so longer to do it right.

Lets sum it all up, the error is not hardware related and is caused due to corruption of firmware. Restoring you PS3 will not roll back the firmware, and unfortunately will not fix the issue 9 times out of 10. If you are receiving this error, contact Sony for a replacement unit. Again I hope none of my readers have to see the dreaded 80010514 error and by following Gamerevolver.com’s simple steps your bound to prolongue the life of your PS3 indefinitely.
    so i understand the problem, but does anyone know how to fix it?

i've tried everything i can think of,and its all ready on 3.15 so im lost at this point.
    Best Answer - Posted by e1ace:

I'm guessing your console is out of warranty.

http://www.ps3blog.co.za/2008/04/10/ps3-error-80010514-explained/

I see there is a method which worked for someone on that site. Also the comments are quite useful. They also mention where to get new BD drives etc...

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    The article you linked suggested the HDD might have faulty sectors.. have you tried a different HDD in it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i would try a new HDD for sure!

the HDD's that come from sony seem to be pretty umm *cheap i guess*, my ps3 hdd started to die a few months after i got my ps3 and i kept getting errors and freezing all over the place.. same with my brothers ps3.

anyway since we both got new hdd's we both have not had a problem.

me and my brother both had the same HDD from sony aswell, (TOSHIBA - MK8052GSX - 80GB *Purchased in Australia*) so i think those ones are faulty. we did not bother contacting sony as we where planning to upgrade anyway.

Replacing the hdd was the 3rd thing i tried. the only thing i can think of now is waiting on the next update to come out. the recovery menu didnt help at all, so my last option is replacing the dvd drive.

I'm guessing your console is out of warranty.

[Register or Login to view links]

I see there is a method which worked for someone on that site. Also the comments are quite useful. They also mention where to get new BD drives etc...

Same error here, but hard reset seemed to do the trick.. i will see.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News