Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Unhappy [Answered] PS3 Error 80010201 still no fix HELP

Sponsored Links
    Hello, a friend of mine has an 80gb PS3 (cechk01) and a while back it started getting an error code 80010201. PS3 takes much longer to boot up and when it does, an error is displayed (Connection error 80010201).

Basically, if you connect to the internet via an Ethernet cable, ps3 does not recognize it and if you try to connect via wireless it will always say "Access point was not detected" no matter how you do it manually or automatically. Also controllers do not connect properly, only work over usb and take like 5 minutes to sync over bluetooth.

Doing some research online, we found out that there is a small board inside the ps3 that is responsible for those functions called UWB-001 (USB/Wifi/Bluetooth). We tried to reconnect the ribbon cables on it but it did not fix the issue even though it worked for some other people with the same error code.

I went on ebay and ordered the same board, we installed it but still get the same error. I am not sure what to try here, we are trying to avoid paying the 150$ repair fee since warranty is long gone and any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by alex14469 View Post
    Hello, a friend of mine has an 80gb PS3 (cechk01) and a while back it started getting an error code 80010201. PS3 takes much longer to boot up and when it does, an error is displayed (Connection error 80010201).

Basically, if you connect to the internet via an Ethernet cable, ps3 does not recognize it and if you try to connect via wireless it will always say "Access point was not detected" no matter how you do it manually or automatically. Also controllers do not connect properly, only work over usb and take like 5 minutes to sync over bluetooth.

Doing some research online, we found out that there is a small board inside the ps3 that is responsible for those functions called UWB-001 (USB/Wifi/Bluetooth). We tried to reconnect the ribbon cables on it but it did not fix the issue even though it worked for some other people with the same error code.

I went on ebay and ordered the same board, we installed it but still get the same error. I am not sure what to try here, we are trying to avoid paying the 150$ repair fee since warranty is long gone and any help is appreciated.

Thank you.
    Well - the first question that comes to me is, have you tried reinstalling / updating the firmware? Namely - what firmware version is it on?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Since the ps3 cannot connect to the internet I was unable to download firmware updates so I did it through external storage. Right now it has the latest update installed.

Quote Originally Posted by alex14469 View Post
    Since the ps3 cannot connect to the internet I was unable to download firmware updates so I did it through external storage. Right now it has the latest update installed.
    Have you attempted to re-install it via the recovery menu?

Yep, i tried the recovery menu as well, I even tried a different hard drive. Quick/ Full format... Nothing. At this point I am 100% sure that there is a hardware issue not software. The problem is that I wasn't able to fix it by now.

When I look at the little wifi board in the ps3 there is a small brown spot on the PCB, it almost looks as if it was burned. When I received the replacement I found an even larger brown spot on it, I am not sure but I think I may have received a broken part so It does not fix the issue

Lightbulb

I'm just a newbie, but i think you don't have to solve this on your own. If it's a hardware issue, you'd better contact Sony (or the shop you were buying PS3 from), they should fix it/replace your console with a new one.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News