Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up [UnAnswered] ps3 error 80010017 help?

Sponsored Links
    hi guys,

i have jailbroke my ps3 and downloaded several games, (GOW3, AC brotherhood, sports champions, uncharted 2, tekken 6, ...) and i had no problem playing them but recently i borrowed heavy rain (original disk) from one of my friends, and i tried to copy it with open manager.

now that copying is finished when i open the game from open manager, an error comes thats sayin: an error occurred during the start operation (80010017)

i'm using a bluray disk when playin, but still no chance...

anyone knows what should i do? i need help ASAP cause i have to return the game tomorrow...

thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you try installing the 2.0 update pkg and are you running the game from the internal drive?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Running into the same issue here actually. I was just about to post too.
    Quote Originally Posted by barrybarryk View Post
    Did you try installing the 2.0 update pkg and are you running the game from the internal drive?
    can you explain? I'm using gaia.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It might help to install the heavy rain 2.0 update - Heavy Rain 2.0

Download the file and place it on a usb stick or external hard drive in the root folder just install like a regular pkg then try run heavy rain

I misread his post. What about if we're getting that error in general? I'm getting it with every single game. Payload issue?

yes i'm running the game from internal drive and no, i didnt install the update, im downloadin it now. hope it works..

and one more thing that i might say is that, when i was tryin to copy the game, at first i didnt have enough free space, and when i copied it, an error came that said i couldnt copy the game cause lack of free space (i dont remember what it said exactly)
    then i deleted a HEAVY RAIN in open manager, that it was incomplete, but it didnt free any space...
    so i deleted two more games via FTP...

sorry for my weak english...

hope that you get what i said

Quote Originally Posted by rebel101150 View Post
    I misread his post. What about if we're getting that error in general? I'm getting it with every single game. Payload issue?
    That is the dreaded bad laser error. So yours might be going bad and about to die.

Quote Originally Posted by rebel101150 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbnjason View Post
    That is the dreaded bad laser error. So yours might be going bad and about to die.
    It could also be corrupt system files (more likely if you're seeing this error running backups) might be worth restoring your firmware before you start replacing lasers.

what should i do? would formatting the hdd help me?

if i want to format it, how can i save my saved games easily?

It could also be corrupt system files (more likely if you're seeing this error running backups) might be worth restoring your firmware before you start replacing lasers.
    Yes he is right, that should always be the first step when the drive starts acting funny or stops reading disc ect. I would work down this list from the recovery menu in this order first.

Restore File System:
    Checks for corrupt/missing system files.

Rebuild Database:
    Rebuilds the OS for the PLAYSTATION 3.

System Update:
    Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News