Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 echa01/ceche01 both with ofw 3.55 help?

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys I just picked up 2 ps3s one cecha01 and a ceche01 both have ofw 3.55 already on them (yea I know both are very rare and to still have 3.55)

Anyways can you just load the cfw directly from usb or something like that and no need for any hardware mods?

And if so how would I go about doing it? I have ps3 cfw kmeaw 355 with multiman 11510.

Thx for any help guys and Racer0018 I still can't send you a message.
    Last edited by smokie1313; 03-12-2013 at 02:43 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by mschumacher69:

Yes, you still need to be on 3.55 to be able to install CFW. If you have OFW 3.56 or higher, you can't install CFW, you will have to downgrade to 3.55 using a hardware flasher, this is if your PS3 is downgradable.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    CFW 3.55 > Enable QA > make NOR/NAND dump (optional) > Rebug 4.30.1

Make sure there's no disk in the drive when installing.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So after I install the cfw 3.55 where is this QA that needs to be enabled (sry for the noob questions new to ps3s) and where can I find rebug 4.30.1?

You can enable QA by downloading Rebug's toggle_qa.pkg:

1: Install toggle_qa.pkg
    2: Run Toggle QA from XMB
    3: PS3 will beep 3 times and return to XMB. (If you do not hear the beeps it has not worked)

NOTE: Every now and then it will hang on the lv1 patching stage. If it has not beeped and returned to the XMB after about 30 secs you will need to reboot and try again.

After enabling QA, you can test that it has been enabled by going to Network Settings (stay on it and don't go into it) and pressing L1 + L2 + L3 + R1 + R2 + dpad_down all at the same time, you should see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files if QA has been enabled.

You can get Rebug 4.30.1 from http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...itions-arrive/
    Last edited by mschumacher69; 03-12-2013 at 06:45 AM

Okay so I go in this order:

1. update cfw 3.55 w/multiman using usb and via media drive
    2. install QA package
    3. dump nand/nor
    4. install rebug 4.30.1

Sry for all the questions I just don't want to brick this ps3 as I have been looking for 1 with 3.55 ofw for over a year now

also which cfw is better and do i install muliman last?
    Last edited by smokie1313; 03-12-2013 at 03:04 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes, install kmeaw from recovery. You need multiMAN to dump your nand/nor, so you will have to install it while on kmeaw.

I believe Rebug is the best CFW, install it from XMB on top of kmeaw.

Don't worry, both kmeaw and Rebug are reliable and the risk of a brick is as low as when installing OFW. The most important thing is to make sure there's no disk in the drive and to check the md5 hash of the pups to make sure they are not fake/corrupted.

wow I wish I had found this post a couple days ago. I couldn't get mine to work + the motherboard was having issues with the BR drive so I sold it cheap... It seems like they have come out with mods for newer firmware now. Is having 3.55 still better for modding?

Yes, you still need to be on 3.55 to be able to install CFW. If you have OFW 3.56 or higher, you can't install CFW, you will have to downgrade to 3.55 using a hardware flasher, this is if your PS3 is downgradable.

Hmm... I guess that explains why the unit sold within 20 min on Ebay. I guess I should have put a higher price on it lol

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News